Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Inconsistent Imaging

As a school district we are prepping to get our new images ready for the summer time. We recently have been noticing inconsistent Netboot imaging with Casper Imaging. We upgraded our server to Mavericks back in April and that seems to be about the ti...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's wrong with this script in Mavericks?

Hello, The script below works in Mountain Lion, but not Mavericks. We put this code into Automator as "Run Shell Script" and save it as an app. Users would double-click it to add printers. In Mavericks, it adds but when they print, it prints out garb...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert Managed Mobile Account?

Hello, We are starting the final implementation year of a 1:1 student device rollout in my school district. I know that at the end of this next school year we are going to be offering the departing 8th graders the option to purchase their MacBook. Du...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoDMG & TimeZone

Anyone know of a way to set the time zone on a clean never booted image created with AutoDMG?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thunderbolt Enet adapters and Casper Imaging

So we have set up a number of USB 3 flash drives with a basic Mavericks install and Casper Imaging set to auto-run. We use the flash drives to boot a new out of the box Mac, Casper Imaging auto-runs and we image the new Macs that way, which has been ...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

PKG does not show up for Smart Group creation.

I have a PKG that I created that simply places a file on the root of the drive. It looks fine in Casper Admin, looks good in the web interface when I go to management and packages. When I go to create a Smart Group for machines that have installed th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS8 to Randomize MAC addresses

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/06/09/how-apples-new-software-makes-it-harder-for-retailers-to-track-your-movements/ What kind of issues will this cause for MDM solutions?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bound Macs issue (dsconfigad -namespace forest)

Is anyone running an environment where you are binding your machines to AD and setting the -namespace flag to forest instead of domain? In our environment (where macs were not previously bound to AD) we have users with conflicting user names in multi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline Network Mounts

We add our network mounts to a computer-level Configuration Profile as Login Items. This works wonderfully when users are connected and online, however, when they are offline such as in the case of a laptop they get prompts that the server was not ac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WIF TLS Setup

Ok, so we are trying to setup a self service button that will add the user to our TLS authenticated wireless. I know it only takes like to clicks for the user to do it themselves, but sometimes you have to hold their hands so why not make a button th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9 Self Service issues/bug

Wanted to reach out to see if anyone else is seeing this same thing. We have a test server of Casper 9.31. When attempting to queue items in Self Service anything set as "waiting" will fail and an error message will appear stating Self Service has en...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Un-manage and keep in inventory

I'm looking to create a script (hopefully automated from beginning to end) that will kick off after successful imaging, kill the JAMF binary, and modify the record in the JSS to be an un-managed inventory-only record. I've tried several different way...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable root GUI via first run script

Hey all, Not strictly a casper question per se however thought I'd give it a run here. I'd like to enable root as part of my first boot script in the imaging workflow. May of our techs aren't comfortable using the CLI and with my old base OS images I...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to search for Apps

We are unable to search for apps to configure for self service, it was working fine up until about a week or so ago, and we are wondering what has changed, that has caused this. We had a similar issue previously regarding to proxy settings, which was...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Junos Pulse Client Config

Anyone pushing out their VPN configurations with JAMF? I was planning to do this, but i'm not seeing a straightforward way of doing this. Figured there was a preference file that held the info. Looks like there is a file called connstore.dat that get...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Fail with multiple computers at same time

Hi to all... I have been doing some dev on our casper 9 server. All the testing works fine on 1-2 computers at the same time. We already have policies running on our 400 or so mac, no errors. I came down to test our new image and configuration on a f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with target disk mode imaging

I'm looking for some assistance in target disk mode imaging. I've got it to work correctly once, say I do a recovery option, erase the disk then start again and target disk mode works. Now using the options to re-image the partition if exists does no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Checking AD vs. Local User

I need an extension attribute to check if the logged in user (or any user) on a given machine is an AD user. We are trying to weed out users who are not authenticating against AD. We are using mobile accounts. Here is what I have at this point: #!/bi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Story

Hi everyone! Does anyone have a really cool story about an app that you have distributed using Self Service? Have you distributed an app (iOS or OS X, in-house or third party) via Casper Suite Self Service that has resulted in great results for your ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing JSS URL and DEP

We are in the process of planning to update the JSS URL to an external facing URL. The current setup is the JSS URL is setup as an internal server name that is on a non-Internet facing domain. We are trying to plan the easiest transition method for o...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors