Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Avoid account creation ?

I am a little lost in all the changes Apple/jamf have made recent years. But overall when installing a new mac through DEP is there a way to avoid manual user creation on the mac ?I would like to get rid of user must create a account manual on a mac,...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Query

Hi,1. I want to deploy certain applications like Chrome, Slack etc on devices without user interaction, I don't want users to install manually via Self- service. Do we have any configuration setting for force install?2. If the recurring frequency is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent Microsoft Teams autostart for all users?

On some of our Macs with some of our users, we are seeing Microsoft Teams starting up automatically when they log in, which is resulting in performance issues.Is there a way we can enforce (for example with configuration profiles) that Microsoft Team...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable Apps not install completely

i have wiped aroung 60 ipads and enrolled to jamf pro, but many apps are not installled on ipad. i have insert picture, please look on app called IXL. this is example only.This app installed on another ipad , but here it is not. Application not insta...  View more

App error.jpeg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wallpaper for Iphone

Hello All Is there a way to push wallpaper and lock screen images to the Iphones in JAMF? I know its possible under the management tab as a command but is there a way for a config profile or something else so that I dont need to do it manually before...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch daemons and keeping applications open.

Hi everyone, wondering if I could get some help with launch daemons. I have an app that runs on reboot and cannot be disabled. (Feature not included in managed preferences)Goal is to ensure the app is kept alive when quit by an end user.Launch daemon...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

LAPS Integration

Hey All,I am in the process of integrating LAPS on our MacBooks and would love to get some guidelines on how to start.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location Services for Self Service in iOS

Hi,as I want to use iBeacons to push configuration profiles, when an iPad is in the beacon area, I need to activate Location Services for Self Service.When I start Self Service App with a managed iPad I will not be asked to turn on the Location Servi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script to name and add asset tag

We have been using a script to initiate in self service that asks for the name of the mac and to add asset tag info to jamf. It seems to have stopped working and not sure why exactly. The naming portion seems to work but it does not reflect in the Ja...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging unreal editor in composer (or other)

Anyone have any luck packaging and deploying the unreal editor? I can package the epic game launcher fine on its own, but error out on dmg creation if the editor is included. Also tried as two separate packages and again fail on dmg creation. It will...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS Auto Update Script with Grace Period

Hi All,I am been trying to look for a script that allow user to acknowledge to run the update and force restart if the grace period is ended. All the script that I read is either forcing update or just install update. Anyone has a script that allow u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom - Configuration Not Valid

Ever since updating to iPadOS 15, we have been randomly getting teachers that get the error message "Configuration Not Valid - Classroom must be configured with a valid education configuration profile. Contact your network administrator for assistanc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Using Jamf Pro as subordinate CA

Hi all,We have a on-prem Microsoft certification authority server whose credentials are essential for connecting to wifi and VPN and we want to install these certificates on Macs run by Jamf Pro.The security requirements is not to open the local ca s...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

On-Prem Installations

Hi, I just wanted to ask what is Jamf's vision moving forward with On-Prem installs of JamfPRO?Is there any difference between running On-Prem as opposed to in the Cloud?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos SSO Extension help

We are using the Kerberos SSO Extension, and every time a user logs in, a Mac centric box appears that says "Kerberos is trying to authenticate user" with an option to put in their password. If they cancel that box, another box appears having them pu...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Update failed to install

I am trying to troubleshoot why Zoom 5.8.3 installed fine but 5.8.4 is failing every time. I am pushing it out through Self-Service and it fails every time. I install it manually and it works fine but installing from Self-Service fails. I have tried ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monterey - Safari Proxy Bug

We have a strange proxy-bug on Monterey in Safari. Once a user connects to our corporate network, Safari can' t reach any pages. (Safari Can't Connect to the Server) If the user then opens Chrome, Safari immediately works again. Clearing the cache in...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Help with 1 button reinstall script

My script looks like this: #!/bin/sh TITLE="Delete EVERYTHING and reinstall macOS" HEADLINE="WARNING!! This will erase EVERYTHING!" DECSCRIPTION1="This will erase ALL content and reinstall this mac." DECSCRIPTION2="This will erase ALL content and rei...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to create mobile account 10.15.7 - Jamf v10.27

We bind our devices to AD during the DEP setup.We get our users to log into their dvices using their AD credentials, usually no issues at all with the mobile account setup and the users AD account is recognised.I have come across a device that for th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat restarting

I noticed that Tomcat has been restarting on our JSS 4 times in the last week. I flushed the cache and repaired the permissions in the JSS Utility, we'll see if that helps. Any other reasons it would be happening all of the sudden? So I have set 768 ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors