Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Dock Items

Mac OS Big SurI have configured the doc items using the browser or Jamf AdminI load the policy and configure the dock payload.the items are added to the right side of the dock regardless of how I do this. I really don't want to use Dockutil, we have ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Battery Extension for the M1 MacBook Pro

Hello All, I recently added a M1 MacBook Pro to my JSS test environment. When I deploy the following battery cycle count extension to the M1 MBP, I get the following information back in the JSS. !/bin/sh echo "$(ioreg -r -c "AppleSmartBattery" | grep...  View more

b95ee6bbd06c40f9abf05fb1dc2672f3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zero Touch PreStage and WIFI

We are getting close to zero touch and have it working with MBP's on ethernet, but I am baffled how to get it to work via WIFI. How does WIFI profile get on the machine without a network connection?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Microsoft AutoUpdate App Notifications Settings

I'm trying to set notification settings for MAU, but the app is not appearing in System Preferences > Notifications. I've tried using both of these identifiers: com.microsoft.autoupdate2 com.microsoft.autoupdate.fba Here is the plist I'm using: N...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud install needs admin rights

We're installing Adobe Creative Cloud (formerly the Desktop Manager), and it needs to auto update before you can use it once it's out of date. But that auto update requires admin rights, which we don't give users for security reasons. We don't want t...  View more

5c8436bce31d4178bdb01d80c0515bf0
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Find My Mac

I set a Restrictions configuration profile to disable Find My Mac. I ensured that I'm part of the scope and that the config profile actually installed on my machine. My machine is checking in with no problem. However, I'm still able to turn on/off Fi...  View more

1fa377625e134d43a7d020bfd31cea1d
  • 41 replies
  • 1 kudos

Run a policy twice a day ?

I have a policy that currently runs once a day that nags the end user to reboot. Many of the users within the fleet have uptime greater than 30 days. It prompts them on-screen to reboot - and if they dismiss it runs once the next day. Sadly this does...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a report: old software installed

Hello Jamf Nation, I am looking for a way to create a report that shows me which machines have outdated software installed. What is the setup here to show for example who has an outdated Office, Adobe Reader or similar installed? I strongly assume th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe 2021 installation fail

I've tried several different ways of uploading the Adobe apps, from wrapping the pkg in a dmg and using the script provided by Jamf to install from a dmg. I've tried uploading the package through Jamf Admin and letting it zip up the package. I've zip...  View more

• 36 replies
  • 3 kudos

Detect if policy was run through Self Service or not

I'm working on a script that is initiated through Self Service and Startup (ongoing). I want the script to know whether it was initiated from Self Service or if it just ran because of a restart. Right now I have the script detecting whether Self Serv...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wipe Multiple Macbooks

Hello all! We are doing a macbook refresh this summer and I am trying to figure out a way to wipe our current computers for the company buying them. I've done this before by utilizing the --eraseinstall function of the OS installers. However, the com...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Policy Restart Issues

So this sentence at Computers>Policies>*YourPolicyName>Restart Options"If "macOS Installer" is chosen as the Startup Disk, Restart Options on this pane will not be applied to computers with macOS 10.12.4 or later." Does that mean I can't use that opt...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does JAMF think we're idiots?

heck this article they posted: Total cost of ownership: Mac versus PC in the enterprise | Blog (jamf.com)That final "Total Cost of Ownership Graph" graph is just atrociously misleading. Maybe they should invest in some Excel to create actual graphs.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing Python on client Macs.

As Python will soon no longer ship with macOS, I'm curious as to the best way to install Python on client Macs. All we will really be using Python for is running scripts as part of policies. I was considering using the Python.org installer, but I'm w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

PowerShell Script Issues

Hi we are running Bullwall Ransomcare which is working fine on our PC fleet but need to create a Logon Script for our macs.We ahve tried to install PowerShell on the Macs but we are still running into issues.And we think its due to some of the detail...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Macs from Jamf

We have 6 Macs running High Sierra that are either broken, lost/stolen or in an office that is currently locked due to COVID. If we delete these Macs from Jamf Pro, will they re-enrol if they are ever powered back on? We don't want them using up a li...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Any issues retaining old system extensions?

We have recently been experiencing issues with Symantec Endpoint Protection which we have deployed to all our JAMF managed devices. We believe that the root cause is due to some misconfigured Config Profiles which were not pre-approving some system e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

distribute pkg with .xml configuration file

Hi, I'm trying to deploy the new TeamViewerHost.pkg file to my MacBooks. To install this, TeamViewer recommends running it with an .xml configuration file like this: sudo installer -applyChoiceChangesXML choices.xml -pkg TeamViewerHost.pkg -target / ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF enrolled laptop showing unenrolled in JAMF Pro

Several laptops, including my own, were enrolled in jamf and working fine. But now, when i go to jamf pro, it shows as if the laptops are not assigned to anyone. Because of this, I can't add the device to any new policies. The first screen is the vie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors