Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Cortex XDR requires system extension authorization

All, I've followed the following guide to update our client to Cortex XDR from Traps 6.1. https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/7-1/cortex-xdr-agent-admin/cortex-xdr-agent-for-mac/install-the-cortex-xdr-agent-for-mac-using-jamf.html I'm...  View more

c0c4b0d04b27425c8e545dfd21478a58
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

Wifi and Configuration Profiles auto-join

So I have a provisioning sequence that happens to all mac enrolled via DEP. The issue is once the configuration profiles that installs the WiFi 802.1X certificate is also set to auto-join and it breaks the continuation of the installation of the rese...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assign users to certain devices

Hey y'all! So recently we're talking about adding a huge amount of iPads to our arsenal, roughly about 1000. This is fantastic because it means almost all of our users will have an iPad available to them. Here's the problem: we're extremely short on ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable VPN Pop Ups

I've recently deployed new Macbook Pro's and all the new devices have this VPN popup each time they connect or disconnect from the network. The devices don't have any VPN profiles configured on them, nor is there a VPN setup for them to use. I suspec...  View more

d202811f30a44155a3b8a4dc1a73e4bb
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.22 - Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Jamf Nation, We're excited to announce that Jamf Pro 10.22 is now available! With today's release, you are now able to try the enhancements to Apple School Manager, the Jamf Parent app, mobile restrictions, and more. Read the full release notes here....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil, Catalina, built in apps not loading

I have been using Dockutil for several years and it has worked great. We are rolling out our first Catalina machines and I am having an issue. Below is my script. Chrome, Word, Excel, and Acronis Files Connect appear in the Dock just fine. These are ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

From Jamf Now to Pro how to re-enroll?

Hi everyone, we are in the process of migrating from Jamf Now to Pro and I can't figure out how to re-enroll. I was able to transfer some serial numbers in Apple business from one server to the other, and I can see the serial numbers and computers in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS upgrade 10.15: Checksum Not Valid

Hi All, I am testing an upgrade to macOS 10.15 with the upgrade script from @Rosko :https://github.com/kc9wwh/macOSUpgrade I'm having the following issue. When running the policy (Script) it calls the download policy by a custom trigger. This works a...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe packages not installing randomly

hi, we just moved to JAMC cloud with a local HTTPS DP on 2019 server windows. Before with AFP and SMB, we did not have any troubles we have right now im about to explain. Nothing else changed in our network or anything else... recreated all packages ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove red System Preferences update Icon

Situation where the icon on system preferences for updates won't go away for a user. Update suppression for 30 days started a week ago in a config - no updates show for her but the icon is still there. Is there something specific to get the notificat...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Custom event trigger (time)

Hi all, Is there a way to trigger a custom event to run at 6 am each day? Im trying to get a script to run that formats a specified volume without the need to create a cron job.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

ESXi on macpro 6,1 crashes on reconnecting display

Could someone please help me with a MacPro6,1 esxi issue. I'm able to install and configure the esxi, however if I unplug the display and later as soon as I plug it back in, the esxi crashes, as in, no video, no network activity. Has anyone seen this...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing R packages in lab

Just wondering if anyone has some pointers or ideas on how you install R packages for lab use? Most of of what I see describes installing via the R console I’m also wondering if there is a way to install directly from the repositories What I really w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

QuickAdd package enrollment doesn't work

Hi There, I'm relatively new to Jamf (I've been only managing Mobile devices so far) and I'm trying to enroll now using both user-initiated enrollment & QuickAdd package enrollment methods. Neither of them works.Basically the first let me login, asks...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot get MicrosoftAuto update Deadline to work?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I can not get the deadline popup to work no matter what I do. Can someone give me a premade .PLIST with forced deadline enabled that is working? Not sure if the error is in my PLIST file or not.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Extension [activated waiting for user]

I'm working on setting up a policy for GlobalProtect 5.1.4 which switches to System Extension from Kernel Extensions. I've set up a config profile to approve the system extension. First I tried just the team ID, then I added the ALLOWED SYSTEM EXTENS...  View more

fb8d133279f343a9a8aa7c6c3f279f0a 4751968dfd244d518502080b83a14d82
  • 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airserver Deployment and Preferences

Just sharing basic methods for getting AirServer deployed that I ran into today...1. Download the latest DMG from AirServer2. Open the DMG and accept the EULA, then drag the App to your Applications folder (don't open it yet)3. Drag the App in your A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

jamf Verify - force login window

For now it does not seem Jamf Verify has any option to force the sign-in window to show when logging in -or there simply has not been any sign-in. I can see there is a feature request on this, but wondering if it would somehow be possible to launch t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MakeMeAdmin

Referencing https://github.com/jamf/MakeMeAnAdmin/blob/master/MakeMeAnAdmin.sh I would like to have an option for certain enrolled users to be able to restore their admin privileges without a restriction (time, etc). I removed the timer lines in the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually enrolling iOS, MDM Profile fails

I have a on prem jss running 10.20.1-t1584039255, iOS device running 12.4.7 (last supported OS). - Restore iOS device, run setup, go to myserver:8443/enroll- Download and install the CA cert- Go to General>about>trust and trust the CA- Download the M...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors