Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

ASM / Release / Wipe - Remote

Hello! We are K-12 and allow our senior class to purchase their MacBook Air at the end of the year. We are attempting to allow this process with zero touch from our tech staff. Has anyone already mastered removing firmware, ASM, DEP, wipe and restore...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppsAnywhere Integration into JAMF

We are in the midst of an Apple School Manager integration into JAMF. For some odd reason now IT leadership is looking at AppsAnywhere by Software2. Has anyone integrated AppsAnywhere with JAMF?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Security Update

Hi Jamf Nation, Today a security research firm published a report about a potential vulnerability with Apple Mail for iOS. Apple confirmed that the vulnerability is patched in iOS 13.4.5 beta 2 (released April 15, 2020) and will be patched in an upco...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 7 kudos

Find My Mac and Guest User in macOS Catalina

In the past, when Find My Mac was enabled, it automatically enabled the Guest User. It seems like in the latest version of macOS Catalina 10.15.4, this isn’t the case anymore. As a test, I turned off Find My Mac and turned off the Guest User. I then ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina - Hide iCloud Setup(s)

Good Morning! Is there an updated script to hide the iCloud Setup Wizard when users first login? Here is the version I have been using for Mojave (which works fine until you install any OS updates or upgrade the OS): #!/bin/sh ## # Writing out launch...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Update 2020-002 for Mojave on NetSUS

Is anyone having issues getting the security update 2020-002 for Mojave to detect correctly? I have removed the download cache from the server via shell and forced it to re-download the content by running a sync. I also have verified the product ID f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Keychain Destroyed after AD Password Update

We have reoccurring issues where most users can't successfully update their keychain after their AD password has been updated. You've probably heard this one before, so let me explain a few twists in my circumstances. Our AD passwords are managed by ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable the Mac Login Screen?

Hello,We are working on modifying our "Student Purchase Cleanup" script so that our students will be able to run it from home from Self Service. Generally speaking, it is working well. There is one area we are running into possible issues. As it curr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMTP Server Settings

I am trying to set up our SMTP server so I can send enrollment invitations to some devices that I can't touch. We use Office365, and I had our Infrastructure guys create a service account for Jamf. I cannot perform a successful test of the server no ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Extension attributes don't work on 10.20

EDIT: To anyone wondering, this was a bug in version 10.20 - it has been resolved in 10.21. Hello everyone, Could anyone please let me know if they have the same issue as me? I'm on JamfCloud, currently version 10.20.1-t1584039255, and I've noticed t...  View more

20ef0b1a54db4f238f1172b4cdf41366 8b16679e43004f6ea1b1f9b1250791c5 98d8214252e34760bb2401b46171888e
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Move all computers to new site

I'm looking at collapsing all the sites into "None" in our Jamf Pro server. Just wondering if anyone has done something like that? The API looks like it might be able to do this. Basically I think I need to iterate through all the computers and chang...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Jamf Pro log data immutable?

I need to know for audit purposes if the logs within Jamf Pro Cloud is immutable. Does anyone know if it is or not and if it is does Jamf have that anywhere in writing? Been combing over their site but not found anything.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nowaday Xcode 11.4.* deployment

Hello, Please share your best experience with latest Xcode deployment. Downloaded file comes as Xcode_11.4.1.xip. I can open it, put to Applications, but then Composer crashes as I drop-n-drop Xcode, and crashes again as trying to make .DMG or .pkg. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting enrolled fingerprints

So I want to run this on all machines that were using TouchID to unlock their machines. I have disabled unlocking machines via TouchID, but is it worth the effort to delete TouchID for machines already enrolled? Here's the dilemma of what I want to r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope Policy to LDAP Computer Group

Looking to see if any of the other MacAdmins out there knows how to scope a policy to an AD computer group. All my Macs are bound to AD. I'm looking to setup a process for our licensed applications where the computers are placed into a particular AD ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking applications

Hello all, Not necessarily JAMF related but what asset tracking management software/devices/programs do you all use? What checkout and check-it procedures do you have?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfing for Joy: Attacking macOS in Enterprise

https://labs.f-secure.com/blog/jamfing-for-joy-attacking-macos-in-enterprise/ Just a small portion of the blog post by F-Secure which talks about the popular workaround that Jamf admins use to obscure passwords: https://github.com/jamf/Encrypted-Scri...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 14 kudos

Authorizationhost.bundle window

Hello, I'm having a little problem while preparing my Mac, I get a window asking me to authorize authorizationhost.bundle, do you know what it is and how to stop it? ( PPPC Utility ? ) See attached. Thank you  View more

c194d7ef0fdb4da8a5246b3318d969ec
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Triggering a Policy

Hi All, Is it possible to trigger a policy based on a time stamp from a plist?scenario - I deploy a policy/script that creates a plist with a time stamp.. and based of that time stamp i want to deploy a new policy after the time has elapsed ..  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote app push of Self Service apps - iOS

Im not sure if this has been covered or not, but this is a handy little thing that I found a few weeks back. If you have a user who isnt very technologically savvy, you can open up the self service Web Clip on your computers browser and deploy apps t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 8 kudos

Disconnect VPN before downloading a large package

Due to global lockdown our whole organisation is working from home in VPN and we are planning to push OSX update to macs due to some requirement.We do not want all users to download OSX installer at a same time in VPN.To reduce the VPN usage, i have ...  View more

08a53e3123ed4c818f37e528eb4d5259
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors