Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Application WhiteList tool experiences?

Anybody care to share their experiences with application WhiteListing tools? I've been asked to investigate what's available in that arena, and two tools that were specifically mentioned are Google's open source Santa project, and Avecto's Defendpoin...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Symantec Endpoint Protection v14 - Device Control

Good morning, all.Has anyone deployed SEP 14 and, if so, do you have plans to use device control to block external USB devices? We have done this on Windows for years, and my IS counterparts are itching to do it on Mac. Here is the link: https://supp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS and JSS on same server

I am running JAMF 10.3.1 on RedHat and looking to see if anyone has ran both the NetSUS and the JSS on the same machine. If so what are the gotchas during setup/install?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile to disable Icon Preview in Finder

I'm having a hard time creating a ConfigProfile that deactivates ONLY the icon preview of Finder of any view(symbol/list/column/cover flow). I've previously tried to make it work with plistbuddy, which didn't always change the setting accordingly and...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 4.2.1 NetBoot Image Upload

Hi, I have installed the NetSUS appliance, all is going well, updates are downloading, etc. The only problem I have is that I'm unable to upload NetBoot images, when i press the button on the webpage nothing happens (Google Chrome) when I tried press...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rejected for VPP by Apple

Has this happened to anyone else on here? We've been rejected twice now for the volume purchasing program with no reason why or number to phone or email address to enquire about. Not quite sure what to do next, it would be very handy to have VPP as y...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 2 and Jamf Pro

I've been working on improving the current process of enrolling our iPads into Jamf Pro using Configurator 2. I've gotten to the point using Content Caching where I can successfully run a Configurator Blueprint which contains what I believe to be the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestions for Hardware?

I'm building out a recommended solution to support a fleet of up to 250 Macs in a Windows-centric environment. I'm excited to be able to utilize Jamf. I've been reading the admin guide as far as the components but I'm still unsure what's needed as fa...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Machine reporting to Jamf

So I keep coming across the problem of machines saying that their Time Machine backup is older than 2 days. It shows up in JAMF under the computer as: Time Machine - Auto Backup: Fail (Domain or Key Not Found) Time Machine - Enabled: Fail (Domain or ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webhooks not working

Has anyone else had any issues with webhooks not firing correctly? So far I've tried several and only seen one actually work. PushSent seems to work as advertised but others including ComputerInventoryComplete, ComputerCheckin and ComputerPolicyFinis...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sloth - GUI for lsof

Sloth is a Mac application that displays a list of all open files and sockets in use by all running applications on your system. This makes it easy to discover which apps are using which files and sockets. Sloth is essentially a friendly GUI built on...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

iPads not enrolling into JSS

Hey, We have been trying to enroll several iPads into our Jamf server but keep getting the cancelled screen.We have a proper domain name and ip address which is available for the clients. Based on the wireshark, packet capturing the iPad can resolve ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Helper Reboot Script with Deferral

Anyone has a reboot script that Allows deferral and uses Jamf Helper?. Would like to attach it to an apple updates policy. After the policy runs, it should prompt the user to restart the machine. The user should be allowed to postpone that reboot at ...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 1 kudos

Machine Certs Explosion

So we use a machine cert here at my work for a lot of things. So when I push profiles out (vpn, wifi, etc.) I have to attach the AD Cert payload it each profile. Even though each computer already has one in its Keychain. Then we end up having multipl...  View more

71226b577f8843dd9bfe7ac43f552aea
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete or Disable Safari Password Storage

Does anyone currently do this or know of a way to disable Safari from storing passwords? I know you can disable Autofill but that doesn't eliminate what is already stored prior to disabling it. I am aware they are stored in keychain as web form passw...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Converting previous DMGs to PKGs using Composer

Hello Everyone, We have determined, it is best to use PKGs. Thank you to all who have responded to my query a number of days ago. Some of DMGs have been installing fine, but I think it best to repackage these. In the past versions of Composer, a pers...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable specific port on macOS

Hey guys, We had a request to open specific inbound port (3000) because users have some web application server running on the machine. Is that something that can be done (searched around and found that opening port is not something that is always wor...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed verification for downloaded package

I uploaded package(DMG file that was supplied by a vendor) to JSS server.Upload looks to have completed successfully, but failed policy to install this package. This is the error in log. $sudo jamf policy Checking for policies triggered by "recurring...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy ID's and Custom Even Triggers Not Working

When trying to run policies in a script with jamf policy -ID IDNumber or jamf poilcy - event triggername we get the . I've confirmed the ID's are correct by inputing the ID number into the URL and it pulls the correct policy and I copy and pasted the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enterprise Connect 1.9 (9): "prepopulatedUsername"

Leveraging a new feature of Enterprise Connect 1.9 (9), "prepopulatedUsername", started out as entering a string of code in a policy's Files and Processes > Execute Command field: /usr/bin/defaults write /Users/`/usr/bin/stat -f%Su /dev/console`/Libr...  View more

c35e483982e6426191bbacc1e00087a8
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Java support going forward

Oracle is now making major releases every six months. The current version (Java 10) is considered a short-term release whereas the next version release (Java 11) in September 2018 will be a long-term release. Long term releases get 3 year support (ma...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 5 kudos

Komprise

Anyone here using Komprise (https://www.komprise.com) for archiving/storage management? Im having issues with a demo of Komprise on macOS resolving the symlinks. Finder thinks the files are symlinks, but cant locate the source file. Komprise claims t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf - roll out estimation

I would like to know what your experience is regarding Jamf roll out. Of course there is the main setup where defining the needs etc. But when starting to roll out to each mac, how much "trouble" have you experienced. Have about 200 mac that today ar...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors