Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

SecureAuth SSO Integration

Anyone have any luck with SecureAuth SSO integration with their Jamf Pro Software Server? I am not our SecureAuth engineer but I have been advised that they followed the Ping Identity (https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/439/configuring-single-...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs and Dual Monitors

A general question does anyone have a good solution for Macs with dual external monitors?Are you all using docks or something else?Models I support.Macbook Air 2015Macbook Pro 2016+Macbook 2016  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Minimized applications (re)appearing

I've done a brief search, but haven't seen anything remotely akin to what we're seeing. Users have enrolled devices (iMac and Macbooks of all varieties). Mostly Sierra still, but happening on both Sierra and High Sierra. At regular intervals (seems t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AnyConnect / Network Drops On Logout

We are using Cisco AnyConnect for network authorization with machine-based certificate authentication. This works when logged in with local admin but we are unable to log into the machine with domain credentials (despite being a domain joined machine...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec SEP Turn off Firewall 14.2.0

About 2 weeks ago, a large percentage of our lab computers stopped checking in with the JSS (they would perform login/logout hooks, but no checkin). After working with Nathan in Jamf, he quickly helped me figure out that if a computer updated SEP to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apple Configurator and Prestage Enrollment

I have added some iPads to DEP using Apple Configurator. The ipads have been enrolled to the JSS and i can see them when i sign into Apple School Manager. But when i create a PreStage Enrollement there are no devices in the scope?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certificate Renewal?

Hello my fellow JAMF gurus, SCENARIO:When a user in our company changes their password the wrong way - the whole key chain becomes messed up and they keep getting 'local item key chain' pop-ups when they try to open/launch an app. Then they call us ,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Admins Salary Survey

A few of us on Mac Admins Slack (https://macadmins.slack.com) were talking about a general salary survey to see what the field looks like these days. I feel it's in everyone's best interest for salaries to be widely known when it comes to negotiating...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 8 kudos

DEP not working all of a sudden

Anyone having any trouble getting Macs enrolled into JamfPro via DEP the past couple days? I've seen 3 computers today that have this issue. I've re-assigned all three to our MDM server in the DEP / Business Manager portal, and unassigned and assigne...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 3 kudos

High Sierra - issue adding management account to FV2

Hello everyone, We have a policy scoped to all Macs that enables our management account for FV2 so that techs can log in locally if the user forgets their password etc. This works great for everything up to Sierra, but with Secure Tokens, High Sierra...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

First JNUC 2018 Sessions Announced!

Your friends at Jamf are here to help you avoid FOMO this fall by inviting you to JNUC 2018, the world’s largest gathering of Apple IT admins. To make your decision to join us an easy one, we want to give you an exclusive preview of the incredible se...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 10 kudos

Is Changing the Icon Impossible?

I want to change my Macintosh HD icon to something different. I used Composer to Monitor File System Changes, copied an icon on my desktop, selected the Macintosh HD and did a Get Info and pasted the new icon over the original one. I entered the Admi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Make E-Mail digests Text+Link only again

Hi, todays Email Digest came with the new e-mail-design of jamfnation.But there's no list of topics (only topics + whole posts) and it's all with graphics and stuff (while some of them don't get downloaded due to privacy stuff; making it less shiny t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Pharos sign up client issue

We are trying to deploy IMacs in our library and when we load the Pharos sign up client on a Jamf computer the user logs in and gets a black screen of nothing. Has anyone else been able to use Pharos sign up client with a Jamf computer? If so what st...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem deleting local account

Hello folks. I have a bit of a mystery here. When we first provision our student Macs, we set them up with a local account which is then deleted as various policies and stages kick in and they are joined to AD. However I noticed on a recent Macbook f...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cylance noui uninstall.

I am trying to use the the Cylance noui switch with the uninstall script provided in the Uninstall CylancePROTECT.app.if I do this line /Applications/Cylance/Uninstall CylancePROTECT.app/Contents/MacOS/Uninstall CylancePROTECT --noui as a policy out ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service Enrollment Doesn't Complete Until Reboot

We've been setting up a bunch of new iMacs for our classrooms and wiping and upgrading some old ones, and have run into a consistent issue with enrollment into the JSS. With MacOS 10.13.6 and Jamf Pro 10.4, we go to the /enroll page and sign in with ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors