Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying Prey by Policy (Or otherwise)

Hello all, I'm looking to deploy Prey 1.7.3 to a test MacBook. An API key is needed at the time of install. How do I incorporate that key into an install workflow? Is there a script out there already that accomplishes this? I did a search and didn't ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Serial + Local User

Hello, Attempting to do an inventory audit based off of employee lists. Is there a way with a smart group to export a file containing all serials enrolled in JAMF plus the local users attached to each serial? Thanks!Brandon  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Cloud and Recon app

Hi, Our organization evaluating Jamf Pro Cloud and we would like to know if Jamf Suite apps, like Recon, are available in this version? If yes, can we get a link to KB of how to start using it? Thanks Robin  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Methods for backing up iPad app data?

I just want to start a discussion about how others are managing the backing up of iPad app data for their managed iPads. We have a bunch of apps that can only be backed up by connecting to the iPad to iTunes manually with a USB cable. It becomes very...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Remote Management

On iOS devices we are distributing, when walking through the set-up, we get to the screen where it asks to sign in to Remote Management. We are having an issue where the icon for Remote Management, combined with the text, is pushing the Username fiel...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Adobe CC Desktop App popup

Dear forum members,Recently we deployed the Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 to the iMac labs. When I created the package, I forgot to uncheck the Desktop App. Now all the lab iMacs has it and when anyone logs, it just pops up. It is quite annoying, and if ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database Connection Error with Jamf 10

Noticed the database connection screen has changed. Instead of showing a screen with entries from the DataBase.xml, it only prompts for a database password. What happened to the ability to enter other information on this screen? Would prefer the scre...  View more

0176237cbdbf46bea3db3bac0e7def04 9de74ff7455a49e1bfe2cf2d146030f1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Management (Sleep Settings)

Is there a way using a config profile in order to make iPads enrolled in JAMF sleep during scheduled hours? Our iPads keep having battery issues due to constantly being "on" I'd like to setup where they sleep during non business hours. Thanks,Brandon  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying Launchdaemons

Hello Everyone, I am making a launch daemon to run a python script at a set interval. For packaging I packaged the daemon with the files it needs and Im inputing a posinstall script to start the daemon. Is this best practice?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script doesn't run via Policy

I have a script that only runs locally - not via policy. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? #!/bin/bash loggedInUser=$(ls -l /dev/console | awk '{print $3}') defaults write /Users/$loggedInUser/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.autoupdate2.plis...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Partitioning machines

So, I'm working through getting our workflow adjusted thanks to DEP. DEP obviously does't do partitioning, and Casper Imaging can't partition the drive if you're booted from it. I guess I'm looking at a shell script to partition the machine's drive. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selfheal or CasperCheck in large environments

I am looking to implement a Jamf binary self repair process like SelfHeal or Caspercheck. My school district has approx. 40K devices in the JSS 25K of which are computers. My concern is the impact on network traffic and JSS client connections with th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server Specs and Opinions

Hi! We are looking at revising our JSS and database servers this summer. I am wanting to get other opinions on what type of server specs we should do. Here is the setup I want to do: (4) Linux servers - DMZ JSS - 2 JSS behind load balancer - MySQL We...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use Jamf deployment

Hello,I want to add this deployment app to my organization, and I have a few questions:1. Can you discover all users in Mac computers? AD user?2. Create and deploy personal settings profile including Wifi connection, printers, google drive profile, g...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

External Monitor audit/discovery through Jamf?

Is there a way to grab the information about external monitors through the JSS? We are doing an audit of screens and replacing older ones, and it would be great to be able to pull this information straight from JAMF instead of having to do it manuall...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot image 10.3.2 & 10.13.3 build issues

Maybe I'm just missing something but I don't seem to be able to build a new "working" NetBoot 10.13.2 or 10.13.3. I used AutoDMG in latest flavour and build the a HFS - OS.DMG works like a charm as usual I then build a new NetBoot based on macOS 10.1...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Deployment with Bookmarks

Hello,I'm pretty new to Jamf and have been task with a solution to have custom bookmarks for each department. Sounds simple right? I'm unable to find a thread with someone successful in at least something similar. So far I successfully attempted this...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ManageEngine Asset Scan sh script help or web hook

This is the default .sh script for ManageEngine Asset Scan. I modified the variables #!/bin/sh ############ Server details ############ hostName="MSD69" portNo="443" protocol="https" ############ Server details ############ SUPPORT="assetexplorer-sup...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

iOS Remote Management

On iOS devices we are distributing, when walking through the set-up, we get to the screen where it asks to sign in to Remote Management. We are having an issue where the icon for Remote Management, combined with the text, is pushing the Username fiel...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keep a monitor from sleeping

We have a Global Corporate Policy of screensaver after 5 min, and require password to unlock after 15.That works fine, and dandy, no problems there. But we also have high-end Color Artists that use the HP Dreamcolors and those like a 30-minute warm-u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors