Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

FileVault 2 Re-Issue Does not Escrow (DEP Machines)

Occasionally receiving this message. The drive is fully encrypted and running either 10.12.6 or at least 10.13.4. Using this Script by homebysix "[WARNING] FileVault key was generated, but escrow cannot be confirmed. Please verify that the redirectio...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Policy on Changing State of EA

Hey Jamf Admnis. Just searching for a way to push a policy on the changing stat of a EA. In detail i have a computername_individual extension attribute witch is set via jamf pro web gui by an admin. If this EA is set or changed i want to run a policy...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP + Jamf integration

Hi, We are setting up DEP integration with JAMF pro 10.1 version. As per my understanding below are the steps to be followed. Please suggest if i miss something here to add.1. We have DEP account. (DEP account is already integrated with Intune and wo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoLoAD for Lab Macs

We're looking at using NoLoAD on lab-based and cart-based shared Macs for students, removing the buggy AD binding in place now. We would likely NOT use NoMAD on these. What's the best way to approach this? Locally installed, NoLoAD required a sudo co...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't even do USB installer on Macbook Pro 2018?

Hi all, This is somewhat related to discussion inhttps://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/28836/macbook-pro-2018-model-can-it-run-macos-10-13-3 I'm testing the restore or recovery of a Macbook Pro 2018. Obviously I need to reinstall the macOS man...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Support requests created as current user.

My Jamf Nation account is not the 'company' account that is directly linked to the jamf product licenses. I have this account set in my profile as 'company email address' that links it all together.Because of this, whenever I create a support request...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kext Approval 30 Minute Window

Oh My! I missed the 30 minute window to approve some kernel extensions and now I can't get the prompt back in system preferences>Security & Privacy. I have restarted the Macs, and tried opening the apps but no-go. Anyone know how to get the prompts b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wipe Command on an Encrypted Drive

Hello! I was wondering if you issue a wipe command on a drive that is FV2 encrypted, does the process handle removing the encryption for the user to reinstall the OS? We're dealing with a few people leaving the company but retaining their computers. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.3.6 and Jamf's FV2 Authenticated Reboot

I have a policy that fires off an FV2 authenticated reboot using the built-in mechanism "Perform authenticated restart on computers with FileVault 2 enabled " under Restart Options. It worked yesterday, but my machine upgraded to 10.13.6 today, and n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store in a 1:1 Environment

We are a public K-12 environment with 8000-9000 mobile devices deployed across all grade levels. We have restricted the App Store on all student devices except for our high school. We are contemplating removing it from there as well and I was wonderi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store apps and VPP is buggy

So here's the situation. We're attempting to deploy Mac App Store apps to our fleet of macs using VPP. The info is as follows: All users are local users (not AD users) with admin access (Most are teachers/staff, student computers are logged in as an ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Problems enrolling iPads

Trying to enroll some New iPads into DEP and Jamf using configuration but I keep getting this error msg. It only happens on the new iPads our older fleet are enrolling fine  View more

3d67070f790c42ffa8c04595b1fad3ee
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

zero touch enrollment w/out DEP???

We are finally moving away from imaging, In the US and UK, we are leveraging the startosinstall --eraseinstall --> DEP method for repurposing older laptops, we but still have Mac users in Singapore and China...two regions where DEP is not available. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline Access for LDAP?

I am wondering if it's possible to do something similar to AD w/ mobile accounts on an LDAP setup. I am test driving Foxpass and hoping we can get a configuration that is location agnostic.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS 10.13.6 Endless Loop

Any help on this would be much appreciated. We have two MacBooks which we've installed Jamf on. It appears that before being enrolled these two machines must have pulled down the 13.6 update but it was not installed by the user. After the enrolment, ...  View more

4d735c3a52e74203af2bdac0e2c6c53b b5709948f192449dbe526f7faf940ba6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Items

What is your favorite way to add a login item to your Mac? I have an app (IP in Menubar) that I'd like to start when our Macs start up. I see there is a configuration profile for login items, but I don't see a way to add a custom application  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Auto Configuration - PAC Fallback

We've got two SSID's broadcasting from our Meraki AP's that users can connect to, one is our main corporate network and the other is a more restrictive one that can only access a selection of our internal services. The SSID for the main network drops...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Macbook Pro 2018 and Disk Password

So finally got a shiny (well space gray) new MacBook Pro 2018 on Friday, and my whole weekend went kaput. So I'm looking to see if anyone is having similar issues and if they have any solutions. I suspect I might need to contact on this one. So our i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mojave upgrade disabling Jamf binary?

Hi All, I've got here a case where the user prematurely upgraded to Mojave in violation to our policy. In addition, I do now see no more management options for the client device but statistics exist and are coming in. Is there any way I could remotel...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave upgrade disabling Jamf binary?

Hi All, I've got here a case where the user prematurely upgraded to Mojave in violation to our policy. In addition, I do now see no more management options for the client device but statistics exist and are coming in. Is there any way I could remotel...  View more

33c40f7c7fa742079fdf4836ee769615
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Usage Reports

Does JAMF have a way to query specific app software usage? I know I can see the data under History -> Software usage. I want to email people who are using a program more than others, to get their opinion. Any way to do this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Usage Reports

Does JAMF have a way to query specific app software usage? I know I can see the data under History -> Software usage. I want to email people who are using a program more than others, to get their opinion. Any way to do this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors