Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Smart Group based on login time

Hi everyone, I'm looking into the feasibility of creating a smart group based on the login time of a user on the computer. In other words, something like show me all computers with a login date/time of within the last 12 hours. I can't seem to find a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change management account password via command line

So I wrote a script to update the local account password on the computer per new guidelines (it's gotta be longer now and change more often). Since the account is used my JAMF to manage the machine, I've been looking at how to tell JAMF via script of...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Existing Apple TV's to Jamf

Hi, I would like to manage existing apple TV's (Gen 4) that we had installed previous to JAMF. Is there any way to force enroll them remotely. I'm not seeing anything online about this.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro dashboard "query's"

I set my dashboard for certain device list via query's. I have one set to query devices that "went back" to the serial number as a name(display name) out of 8 i can get 7 to show up. The 8th one is in my main list and via a query I can't get it to sh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

See you around, Jamf Nation!

My last official day at Jamf is April 13th. The position I was in was phased out and I, sadly, wasn't able to snag anything internally. I'll still be working with Apple, just as part of an authorized Mac and iOS repair shop so, back to hardware for m...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 16 kudos

Didn't policy filters used to filter on contents as well?

I have noticed recently that the filter on policies no longer shows policies where the items contained within the policy match the filter.Is it my imagination or did this not used to be the case???It makes it near on impossible to quickly and easily ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

More Jamf and Printer woes...

When I use JAMF Admin to add printers to our server, even though a PPD is captured, JAMF defaults to using a generic PPD. I have to then go into JAMF, edit the printer, uncheck the "use generic PPD", save, edit again, then update the path to the PPD,...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customizing UniFlow Driver with 11x17 PPD

We use the UniFlow (NtWare) driver to do "follow me" printing with Canon Copiers. The driver installer has 3 prompts when installing asking for server hostname, a queue name, and one other field that is already populated from the queue name. The PPD ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preventing http access without breaking anything

I currently use apache to host a file server as a distribution point. I followed the guide when setting it up initially and have everything symlinked from my samba share. A couple students have found the file server via url and I'm having problems wi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrictions Profile PrinterProxy Dilemma

Recently we have started to slowly roll a configuration profile restriction where apps can launch from. Originally I was blocking /Users/$USER, but whenever a user tried to print the PrinterProxy would get blocked. I changed the settings to the follo...  View more

d51a3a569220417a804173f8e6aaa456 69e9a1b9cbb847a98e491557bb0b258c
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

recon error with 10.13.4 pending

we have 10.13.3 running with the supplemental update installed. Now that 10.13.4 updates are available I am getting that same recon error that occured before 10.13.3 supplemental update was installed. there was an error unknown error - an unknown err...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run Jamfproinstaller without prompt

I'm in the process of scripting deployments of our Jamf Pro Servers (RHEL6) and I keep getting prompted with this: To be installed into /usr/local/jss: * Tomcat 8.0.50 * Jamf Pro * Jamf Pro Database Utility * * NOTE: When upgrading to Tomcat 8 for th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome settings

Does anyone in the JAMF hive mind know where the Chrome browser stores the content for these settings on the Mac? I have looked in the ~/Library/Google/Chrome I find date time changes but the files look to be a DB file I think that is not easily read...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11.3 update issues

Is anyone else having trouble getting iPads to successfully install the 11.3 update OTA? We have a K-12 1:1 environment in which students keep their iPads from September-June. Because of this, despite my best efforts to keep all devices on the latest...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote management - tips?

We're looking into remote management for our fleet of Macs. Mostly MBPs. Curious what you use in your environment. Apple Remote Desktop? TeamViewer? Jamf Remote? Any other software?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf vs Airwatch

Just talked to someone who recommended airwatch for mac management. I looked through the video´s and it looks interesting - but of course most of those sales video´s does :) Do anyone has experience with airwatch. Looks like the features are the same...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 4 kudos

Login/Logout Hooks Deprecated Technology

rant start Up until JP 10.3 Login/Logout Hooks are still in jamfdocs. But Jamf Support doesn't recommend using them. Because according to them and Apple, its already a deprecated technology. Instead, they recommend using third-party tools such as Out...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Script to remove printers via IP address, not name

Hello all, I have been looking for a way to remove printers via IP address for a long time. We are in the process of standardizing all our printer names and queues and want to be able to replace whatever random printer was added to a computer with th...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.3 Maintenance Release Coming Soon

We have identified an issue when using current and previous versions of Jamf Pro to upgrade devices to iOS 11.3. As a part of the MDM Software Update workflow, Jamf Pro will monitor the status of that update. Devices upgraded to iOS 11.3 are returnin...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 9 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors