Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Remote management - tips?

We're looking into remote management for our fleet of Macs. Mostly MBPs. Curious what you use in your environment. Apple Remote Desktop? TeamViewer? Jamf Remote? Any other software?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf vs Airwatch

Just talked to someone who recommended airwatch for mac management. I looked through the video´s and it looks interesting - but of course most of those sales video´s does :) Do anyone has experience with airwatch. Looks like the features are the same...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 4 kudos

Login/Logout Hooks Deprecated Technology

rant start Up until JP 10.3 Login/Logout Hooks are still in jamfdocs. But Jamf Support doesn't recommend using them. Because according to them and Apple, its already a deprecated technology. Instead, they recommend using third-party tools such as Out...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Script to remove printers via IP address, not name

Hello all, I have been looking for a way to remove printers via IP address for a long time. We are in the process of standardizing all our printer names and queues and want to be able to replace whatever random printer was added to a computer with th...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.3 Maintenance Release Coming Soon

We have identified an issue when using current and previous versions of Jamf Pro to upgrade devices to iOS 11.3. As a part of the MDM Software Update workflow, Jamf Pro will monitor the status of that update. Devices upgraded to iOS 11.3 are returnin...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 9 kudos

Java 10

Has anyone started with Java 10 yet? I'm reading through the documentation but don't see deployment.config or deployment.properties mentioned. Are they still used? Anything else replacing them?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed App Configuration

I'm using User and Location information to pass custom parameters via MDM. How do I force the "Managed App Configuration" command from the console? Is there a way to do this programmatically via the Jamf API?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Out of Date" Smart Group nesting?

So I was thinking of making a Smart Group that checks other Smart Groups for "Out of Date" software, that was I can have 1 constant on my Dashboard that says something is OOD. I tried, but can't seem to get it to work as a Smart Group. Does it need t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Question] Apple TV - Where's the management link?

I have an Apple TV that is recognized in DEP and in a Pre-Stage but doesn't allow me to manage it (no clickable name that takes me to a management page and is not searchable). I'm trying to give it a specific name and to also force it into conference...  View more

c96fdc40edc347d7838d107ed76475d0
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating JSS Summary via the API

I'm sure this is a question asked time and again, but I just don't seem to be able to find the answer so I'll ask it (again?) Is it possible to create a JSS Summary (from v9.97.x, in my case) using the API? I'm pretty convinced it isn't. Unless, I gu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DisplayLink and 10.13.4

FYI.... Per DisplayLink Important Information about macOS 10.13.4 update We have become aware that installing macOS release Version 10.13.4 will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS upgrade, with the current DisplayLink drive...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Outlook Online Notifications

Has anyone switched to Outlook via the Office 365 portal? It looks pretty slick, but the notifications don't seem great for upcoming meetings or new emails. I know some websites can do push notifications in Safari to the Notification Center, but this...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching iCloud Backups?

I want to be able to cache iCloud backups to our local caching server. We don't currently use iTunes accounts so the plan is to hand out a few managed Apple IDs to users who need to be able to do iCloud backups for a few apps. My question is, if I en...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

network accountability in the age of dongles

I have been in discussions with cybersecurity regarding network accountability now that ethernet dongles (especially the case with the macbook pros) are becoming more and more common. We've discussed the fact that essentially anyone that plugs a give...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Infrastructure Manager Setup behind NAT

Hi everyone. I had some real fun and games getting a JIM setup on our evaluation network last week, mainly because the JIM is designed to run on a WAN side server or in a demilitarised zone. But for those of you who need to use the Jamf Infrastructur...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Unable to communicate with iOS 11.3

Hi, We have JSS version 9.101.0-t1504998263 . This morning after updating from 11.2.6 to 11.3 . I can no longer communicate with iPads that are on newer version. Is anyone else having a similar issue?  View more

• 32 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf - OU or AD groups policies

What is the best way of Using Jamf, in regards to applying policy´s Is it possible in jamf to apply policies to OU´s - or AD groups - or both ? What is the best practice in regards to that. Today all Mac computers are created in AD the same location ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating and Deploying Update Packages

I am new to using Jamf. I have been creating update packages for Chrome and Firefox using Composer. I drag and drop the .dmg file into Composer, then build the file into a .pkg. Once the .pkg has been created, I upload the file to my deployment serve...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra Migration Assistant Password Prompts

We have mobile AD accounts on our FileVault encrypted Macs running High Sierra and when using Migration Assistant during workstation refreshes we get a prompt that states "A password must be established for each Admin account that you wish to migrate...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors