Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Imaging Without SIP?

There's a ton of information about SIP out there, but here's a question... We have several old iMacs running Yosemite that we're going to be upgrading to El Capitan as part of our Casper workflow. This workflow also sets up a Boot Camp partition with...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPSS 24 Deployment

Hello JN, I attempted packing SPSS 23 about a year or so ago. I was successful in capturing a snapshot that worked great on the machine I built it on. But as explained here ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/documentation/statistics/24....  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Firmware Password

We are currently auditing our password security and need to update the Firmware password on everyone's machine. Is there a way to do this via a script? The JSS EFI Password Policy to set a password comes back with an error that the EFI password is al...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conference schedule

All, I will be attending the conference for the first time this year. I don't think the schedule yet, at least I don't see it. For those of you who have attended in the past what time is it over the last day? I'm trying to make travel arrangements an...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

User and Location information is not populating

We have around 350 seniors that just graduated and their iPads are being "recycled" down to the incoming 7th grade class. I wiped each device using iTunes (iOS 9.3.3) and have tried setting it backup using the credentials of a 7th grader, we have LDA...  View more

55c546938e074663826cc139e1778e67 9931d708302d4f79925d7a6d9d53888e 5ddde91f6f50408ead8e655b441af500
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Handful of of Computer's Names changing after logout?

Hi, We have a policy using the option "Change the computer name on computers to match the computer name in the JSS" and we have it check in a login and logout. Everything is working fine, except for a few computers I will watch via ARD and they will ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharing a File Share between multiple JSS contexts

I am investigating saving disk space by making a single File Share (and synchronised slaves) available to multiple JSS contexts. I have been able to manually copy packages to the file shares' packages folder and Casper Admin finds them when it starts...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Was Busy!

JSS: 9.92iOS: 9.3.3 I am enrolling iPad devices into our DEP Program. Apps download except for iMovie which keeps showing up in the management tab on some iPads with Device Was Busy! I can clear this and try and update inventory but it still shows th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with enrolling with the JSS-DMZ.

Hello Everyone! i am currently working on a project to place a JSS out on the DMZ. The current setup are as follows: JSS-DMZ is running on Windows 2012 R2JSS-DMZ is fully configured with Clustering and Limited Access to external connectionsJSS-DMZ DN...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beta Sierra in Self Service ??

Has anyone tried to install the Beta Sierra via Self Service with success? using two poicies 1 = Cache (caching the installer works) 2 - install cached ? when running the self service policy (install cached) i get the following error Verifying packag...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP Address and Network Segment Priority

I'm curious as how a machine falls into a particular network segment. I'm working with a client whose LAN IP range could potentially conflict with consumer IP ranges, which would result in some policy failures. To get around that, instead of using th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrading from 9.81 to 9.92

I decided to upgrade our JSS from 9.81 to 9.92 today. When I run the JSS Installer.msi I am prompted to "Please specify a network location for the server image of JSS product" and it defaults to the C: drive of our Windows server 2012 system. I've ne...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding hidden filevault enabled user workflow

I am trying to create a hidden admin user that is filevault enabled and don't know what the most efficient way to do this. From my research I have two options: Create user through Jamf payload policy, which has the ability to add filevault user, but ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Missing" package in Casper Admin

I'm trying to add a package to Casper Admin - it's an uninstaller for Adobe CS6 - but no matter what I do, it always seems to end up in red as "Missing" in Casper Admin. When I add it, it seems to upload OK, and shows up as "Pending", but when I then...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Master Password via Script

Any suggestions on how to script/automate the process of setting a OS X Master Password? Im not setting it for FDE (We dont use FileVault). Rather, Im setting a Master Password so that end-users dont try and set one (and then forget it etc).  View more

f4b2de95db55445aaa2ab53063b40fdf 1216c9d7d04f460bb5074269f273c6a0
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing the new (June 2016+) Samanage agent

Samanage shipped a new installer for their agent, and the structure is completely different than the PKG-based install they previously had. Here's how I deployed it. Download the new DMG from your Setup area in Samanage Extract to /tmp/samanage Creat...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

What goes with what?

Hi all, Is it possible to get a list/table/something that shows the relations of JSS objects? For example:An EA is being used in what and/or which Smart/Static Group(s), Advanced Searches, etc.A Smart Group is being used in what Policy. I think somet...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

_mbsetupuser is a real pain

I'm getting sick of the _mbsetupuser account jumping into the mix after I upgrade Macs to El Capitan. I have several policies set to run at Login Once per user per computer. And of course _mbsetupuser counts as a user so even though you don't actuall...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 removal script

We've found this script extremely useful for removing Office 2011. Is there something similar floating around for Office 2016?  View more

• 33 replies
  • 1 kudos

VPP assignments to Devices asking for Apple ID Sign In

Currently setting up some classroom iPads and using Device based VPP so they don't require an apple ID. Also making sure the app installs automatically. I did this 7 months ago and it worked fine. Now I'm doing it again and some apps are prompting to...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

User-Initiated Enrollment - Is it LDAP users only?

Hi, I want to start using user initiated enrollment within Casper. I have enabled it within JSS. However from a Macbook, when I go to https:///enroll, I type in the enrollment username and password, and then I am faced with "Assigned to user" page. W...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors