Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Papercut Not accepting different levels of Restriction

Hi Folks, We have papercut with a global "follow_me" print que that students and staff can print too. The application seems to deploy and run fine. However when a student or staff member logs in, it doesn't give them the correct restrictions. (i.e, s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Self Service Items for Local Username

Scoping a Self Service policy targeting a machine with limitation to a local JSS user gives this user when logging in to Self Service the following notification: "No Self Service Items". When doing exact the same thing as mentioned above but limitati...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Private Network for Apple TV

Hi Nation, So we decided to create a private and hidden network off our main network using an airport express so people cannot access the Apple TV airplay function. We distributed the credentials via a profile available via email when requested by us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best SAP GUI tool for Mac

Hi :) My AVP discussed this yesterday, he wants to give Macs to some VIPs who use SAP as their main job tool. There are couple of apps that can be used to run SAP but I wanted to know if anyone has SAP for Mac users?Any challenge or suggestions will ...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM-Student iPad with managed AppleID..no Find My iPad

oy. No Find my iPadThis is Apple's List, which does NOT list Find My iPad as being restricted, and yet....I just do not understand the reasoning behind this.... Edit: Newer list here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205918 Feedback filed.....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow Managed Apps Only

On the Restrictions tab, you can currently enter a list of Apps that are allowed to run. It would be awesome to have a checkbox saying Only Run Managed apps.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What Static User Group is This iPad In?!?

Hello all, From time to time, I get iPads back that have apps assigned to them through Mobile Devices. The iPads were assigned to a static user group so I can't go into each app and figure out which static user group they are in. I COULD go into each...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2016 Diversity Sponsorship Update

This has been the first year JAMF has offered a Diversity Sponsorship for JNUC (https://www.jamfsoftware.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2016/diversity-sponsorship/). We've been overwhelmed by the amazing community response with over 200 appli...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus into a Google Form

Hey all, I'm trying to use Casper Focus to lock an iPad into a particular Google Form (that was already shared with my account). I've tried: Copying / Pasting the link as a website into Focus and focusing the site, which after a minute or two of atte...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

casper remote to outside computer ??

I am trying to use Casper Remote on an outside of the network computer to change its name. The computer recently checked in. When I select the computer -- advanced -- reset computer names , it comes up with computer not avialable. should this work if...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Search Column Reorganization

It would be convenient to be able to move columns left and right in the Advanced Search "View." Some websites and apps use drag & drop and some use a table to set the order. This would remove the step of having to export the contents and reorganize t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

FileVault 2 - Individual Recovery Keys

We are currently testing policy to enable FileVault 2 on our Macs. During this testing stage we are attempting to unlock the Mac using the individual recovery key but it keeps failing. Am I right in thinking you should be able to just enter the indiv...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd Package creation error

All, I have no idea why, but I can't get QuickAdd Package creation to work. I have it creating a management account, random password, create management account if it does not exist, and hide it. Sign with my developer cert, and add to my site, and "u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash script + SCEP Question

I am looking to use the scep_daemon --status command in a bash script and this is new to me. Running from a Terminal it works. Running in a Bash script it never outputs any information. Any advice would be appreciated. This is what I currently have s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting Applications in a Users Folder

Hello All, This original topic (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=12584) is over a year old so I am creating a new topic. We want to block the students from running any applications from their folders. We created a policy to allo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote management based ldap group

Hi, i need help set remote management OS X. I have connect openLDAP server and i have netuser and netgroup. Netuser add netgroup. I add netgroup in com.apple.access_ssh, but i can not connect by ssh:( What need do to work?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking the newest MacOS

Hi, we need to implement a software restriction policy for the new MacOS prior to it being released Does anyone know the name of the installer .app to block or has that not been released yet ? Thanks as always in advance  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto fill user handles on responses - bug?

A colleague ran into this, so I tested and got the same thing. Respond to a thread, and try to autofill a username like: @donmontalvo and you'll see the autofill result will span the screen vertically. Happens on Chrome 53.x, didn't try other browser...  View more

69711748c0ff41e795cf39d251191c90
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop Changes to WIFI settings by user

Hi everyone, this is my first ever question here on the Nation! I have set a configuration profile for WIFI and deployed it to devices. Unfortunately, I am dealing with kids, and some of them have gone into Settings > Wifand deleted the details I had...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with authorizationdb

We have students that need to create disk images from SD cards, but to do so requires admin privileges. In the past I have edited the authorization file and the authorization.plist (I know, I know), but this option isn't available any longer.This is ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors