Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

JSS MUT Question

Anyone know how MUT handles .csv's with devices that are not in the JSS yet? Does it error out or keep going? We are slowly rolling out ipads class by class and would love to be able to run a big list of device S/N multiple times; each time with more...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restarting Computer Within JAMF Helper Script

JAMF Nation folks! I am in need of some advice on how to restart a computer within a if-else/else-if loop of a JAMF Helper script. The script's purpose is to perform software and security updates and then reboot the computer if the user decides to op...  View more

53f61b988a444a60a7d62d270d9e7d4d
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transmission - keydnap v1.5 - Keychain Backdoor

I haven't seen any discussion on this: Attackers Infect Transmission Torrent Client With OS X Malware - TorrentFreak Another attack on Transmission, this time for creating a backdoor to the keychain data. www.welivesecurity.comArticle 1Article 2 Belo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How would I set my Hipchat server in a .PKG

1st post here and very green with Casper Suite. I currently have built a .pkg with the Hipchat.app from my applications with drag and drop. I'd like to put our team server in the .pkg so that when it installs its already pre-configured, how would I g...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

A Lockout Protocol for iOS 9.3

I thought this might be of interest to the community. We are now using a smart device group to capture devices that are "out of order" in some way (jailbroken, location services off, too old version of iOS) and effectively shut them down until an adm...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying VPP apps to device - error message.

Trying to deploy device assigned apps using VPP. I see the apps in Self Service, but when I click on them to download I get the message... "There was a problem installing Numbers. Enabling MDM for local user account failed. Contact your administrator...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broken apps after updating from Self Service

I've been noticing a trend lately since I upgraded to 9.92 that is causing problems. Here's the scenario:- Foo.app version 1.0 is installed in /Applications on many users' Macs- Foo.app version 1.5 is released so I package it up in Composer (dmg or p...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for Apple Software Updates

Hello, Myself and org org are new to the jamf system and Mac's in our enterprise as a whole. I'm attempting to bring our current and future Mac OS X user base up to a standard our InfoSec team will sign off on and I have a question regarding Apple sy...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change password after 30 Days

Hello, we use OS X 10.11.6 and only local accounts (no LDAP, AD or something else). Now i try to set the policy "maxMinutesUntilChangePassword" for the user accounts. The problem is now, when the user is logging in he get always the message "Your pas...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 9.3.5 and iPad Mail Issues

We seem to have a issue with iOS 9.3.5. We’re seeing on our end most people who have installed the update are starting to develop email issues on the device. (Specifically iPads) It seems that if you are running 9.3.5 and try to send an attachment wi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

User images and shared iPads

i'm running into a strange problem with getting user images on our shared iPad's and i cant track down how to fix it.i have setup the distribution point for the images, and they are the correct size and format they are appearing in the JSS and matchi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Issues

Hi! So I decided that I was going to try a new configuration for enrolling out devices. I went to apple configurator and configured a test iPad Mini with the MDM server, a wifi network for enrollment (it removes after one hour, and one app that allow...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limited Access settings and SSO

Hello Jamfnation folks, We are trying to implement our instances in AWS. I have one instance that is setup for limited access for check in. I have enabled limited access so the gui is not running on jss1. The database is clustered and running on the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad not switching pre-stage enrolment

I have an iPad that the student's broken to glass on which they don't want the students using anymore for safety reason. I am repurposing it as a Test device. My issue is even though it is currently In the TEST DEP Server and TEST Prestage enrollment...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thunderbolt Ethernet

Hello, I am trying to use a script to change my DNS settings for the Thunderbolt Ethernet. I am using this script #!/bin/sh networksetup -setdnsservers Thunderbolt Ethernet DNS.Address.here When I run it though I am getting an error saying that Thund...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-AD authentication options?

We have an all-Mac (and a few Linux) fleet. I've been tasked with making our system logins more secure. Rotate every 90 days, password reuse rules, password strength rules... basically the usual. I'm concerned that this combined with similar requirem...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Help Permissions in MacOS Sierra

Hi all, I'm a rookie with Casper, so I apologize in advance if I don't make sense. I have updated a machine to MacOS Sierra Beta. Ever since then, when trying to run self-help it fails when trying to initiate fixing the permissions and says 'Cannot I...  View more

2abd9fc7e4c94e62a830c138c1a8c380
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting un-encrypted removable external drives.

Security has asked for a report of our Macs that have un-encrypted removable external drives. At first I thought I could get this from a smart group or an Advanced Computer Search, but so far I have been unsuccessful. Any ideas on how that can be don...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS single app mode deployed via iBeacon

In experimenting with this, I have it working... somewhat. When the iPad enters the iBeacon area, it goes into single app mode with the restrictions that I configured. However, it won't come out of that iBeacon zone. I'm guessing that since the iPad ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Energy Saver: Allow Users to Customize

I currently do not manage any of our Teachers Energy Saver Preferences anywhere in our JSS. However, if they customize their Energy Saver settings, those settings are overwritten during the next check in with the JSS. I'm not sure why this is, it doe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors