Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

threat profilling

can you guys helped me finding the a recently announced security vulnerability , profile of that threat like heart bled threat????  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove JSS instance on Linux

What is the best way to fully remove a JSS instance from a Linux (RHEL) server? We have migrated the JSS to another server and would like to remove the JSS from the old server, this server also runs other services so cannot delete the server or mysql...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 3.0.2 unable to update dhcpd.conf

Version: NetSUS 3.0.2 OS: RHEL 6.6 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64 Problem: NetSUS web interface unable to update dhcpd.conf 1) I am unable to get NetSUS web interface to launch the NetBoot server by selecting "enable NetBoot" from webadmin > NetBoot Server > ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crashplan and "Allow" access thru Firewall

We are rolling out CrashPlan ProE with backups directly to the cloud. So we don't have an internal CrashPlan server. Deployment will be via Self Service So for our non-admin users, what is the best option to automatically set the Firewall to "Allow" ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 reporting problems in smart groups

I have computers which are FV2 encrypted but don't show up in the smart group we created. We even had one system leave the group when upgrading from 10.10.0 to 10.10.1 I don't think it's a Yosemite issue though as we have Mavericks systems that are a...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 deferred enablement - never enables

I'm in early stages of testing FV2 deployment, with little experience to fall back on. The first several were as expected; deploy config, logout, enablement/password prompt, reboot to pre-boot auth screen, login and encryption began. Cool, pats-on-ba...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jumbo Frames for imaging OSX?

We're experimenting with ways to get the best performance out of imaging our OSX machines from a local JDS. Has anyone tried to do imaging from a JDS to MacBook's using Jumbo Frames? Pros? Cons? Did it help performance? We're also going to be adding ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Yosemite App Store Notification via command???

We have the Yosemite installer blocked but are now looking for a way to block the entire notification all together, as users are still clicking on it and downloading it only to find out it's blocked. Anyone know how to suppress the upgrade notificati...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renaming, unbinding and re-binding clients

Hey guys! We just recently started using Casper Suite in our organization and I've run into an issue. Basically, we have a bunch of computers that have different LocalHost names compared to their Active Directory names. Usually, their LocalHost name ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Konica Minolta BizHub

I learned today that the Konica Minolta BizHub print driver is set to default to two-sided printing to save paper. In a school, always printing two-sided is not what we want. I talked to tech support at Marco and he said that it is simply a setting t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stolen MacBook - How did THIS happen?

Last night, I discovered that over the holiday weekend, we had an employee that had his home burglarized. The thief stole his corporate MacBook. I jumped on the JSS and found out that sure enough, the MacBook has been checking in regularly since it w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie Question

I am under time pressure and am going to place all of the requested iPad apps into SelfServe. Then, after I know what serial numbers are on the devices allocated for each class/grade, I will create Smart Groups. My question is this: Do I need to Scop...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

EAP-TLS Wireless Server 2012 R2 Windows domain

Hey everyone, We have aquired a number of macs recently and are testing the casper suite to manage them. I have been trying to get the macs to use an AD computer certificate to log into our WIFI. I created a configuration profile containing the netwo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration policy not applied on user level

I'm trying to apply restrictions on a user-level using a configuration profile. I want to block access to certain System Preferences, but not for all users. Therefore i've excluded these using LDAP/Local Users The policy is not applied at all, to non...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi,

Has anyone run into a scenario where you provide 5GHz capability, however you would prefer the laptop to connect at 2.4GHz as interference with building structure could be an issue. I would prefer an option to only connect a Macbook Pro at 2.4GHz onl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Adobe Acrobat Reader 11.0.9

Has anybody managed to install the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to successfully install through a policy? We've had it working in previous point releases of 11. We've downloaded it the enterprise installer from Adobe, and it installs fine ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac not in inventory but can read it using the API

bit of a strange one, we have a JSS (v9.4), with a single site. There is a computer that I can locate using the API by name, serial number etc, but searching the inventory using the web interface its not there. Have searched with various bits of know...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

The File Share you are mounting is from this computer.

I get this pop-up each time running 'casper admin' so I click 'Mount Share' and 'casper admin' opens up. Am I getting this because I am trying to run 'casper admin' from the same computer the share is on? First time I have setup Casper Suite/JSS, thi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Branding Self Service

So, I've replaced the login icon, downloaded self service and all ok.I replaced the image with another, re downloaded the SElf Service app, this time, It still retains the old log...Any ideas?? Permissions are the same, Removed all pref files etc.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bare metal imaging workflow

Hi all, I'm reasonably new to casper and think I have pretty good grasp of client management with smart groups, profiles and package deployments for our recent mavericks and up mac stock now. I'm a bit stumped with what to do with our oldest mac stoc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apples new DEP and VPP deployment

I'm trying to figure out the best method of deploying ipads in my district using DEP and VPP, I really want to have little interaction with the device as possible. Does anyone have ideas or workflows to streamline this process?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 enable each user that logs in

How exactly is FV2 disk encryption configuration supposed to work? i want each user that logs in to be prompted to enter their password to be FV enabledis this possible? I only seen this happen once for the first user, afterwards I had to go ENABLE e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Macs and Adobe Illustrator

Hi All, At one of my sites they are having problems with new macs and Adobe Illustrator CS6. They are crashing inconsistently. It's a weird case as there are some users who have no problems, however a user who has just been handed a New Mac Pro is ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 how to propagate registration name

Apologies for bringing up something that has been covered here before, but the solution still seems rather opaque to me as I have never used MCX for anything. We have about 200 Macs in labs and now that we are using Casper 9.61, I would like to stop ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Hidden SSH Accounts Using the jamf binary

Using the steps on this thread https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=147 for OS X v10.7.5 When I run the command on the MacBook:defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow Hide500Users -bool YES seems to work. However when...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change audio input/output through Thunderbolt connection

I am looking to push a script that changes audio input/output if a specific device is detected connected to the Thunderbolt interface. For example, we have an external mic speaker device in our meeting rooms and currently end users must remember to c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

GPS Tracking Solutions for 1:1 Devices?

Hello, What do you guys use to track your iPads or MacBook Airs that have been lost or stolen? Just wondering what some of you have done to meet that requirement in your environment or school district. Thanks, as always, for your input.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prepare and Setup 125 new Macbook Airs, Tips? Tricks?

In a few months my district is getting about 125 new Macbook Airs for teachers to use. (Replacing old Macbooks) What is the most efficient workflow to get these up and running? Would I image over the new OS or build onto it? Just looking for a direct...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors