Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mavericks + Active Directory - Domain Join Issues

Good afternoon all, We're prepping for install of 3 iMac labs and we're having a problem getting any computers running Mavericks to domain join. We've hit a wall in trouble shooting this issue. Has anyone had a similar experience? Can anyone confirm ...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't add Configuration Profiles to Site

I'm in the process of setting up some sites and I ran into a peculiarity when trying to assign some (but not all) configuration profiles (OS X) to a site. The site assignment went fine for about 90% of the Profiles. The renaming 10% won't allow you t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer

I am a very confused new MAC admin. We went to MACs and JAMF Casper Suite because it had applications to help automate the process. the only thing that I have learned recently is that I need to take a scripting class and avoid composer. Help. The two...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need simple script to solve complex problem

When I recently took this position, I inherited a bit of a mess. We have recently deployed an image to 200+ macs in labs throughout our environment. The person I replaced implemented this script as a logout hook. The script as you can see really does...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies running after reimaging/at First Boot

Seeing this issue at a client that's still running 8.73 (that will change in the next couple of days). I've got machines which have been off the network for a month or two. There may be several policies (Flash Player, Adobe Reader, et. al.), scoped t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apply Logon Script to Specific AD Users

I've been tasked with deploying a web clip to just teacher users in our district. The easiest way to differentiate teacher from student accounts is all students logon using their student ID number while teacher have an alpha AD username. I'd like to ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Machine install with PreStage

Hey Casper Volks, did anybody have some experience with prestage imaging and VM Machines? Casper Image fails droing the initialization with the following message:"There is a problem with the Auto Run Data or PreStage Settings for this computer - The ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Signed QuickAdd package is must ?

Please advise if QuickAdd package must be signed. When we install the package on our clients they turn up as "Verified" under Profiles. Is it necessary to Sign the QuickAdd packages ?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoCasperNBI - open beta

Update: AutoCaspeNBI has been released, for more information see: https://macmule.com/autocaspernbi/ Hi All, Over the past couple of months I've been working on an app that with streamline NetBoot creation for use with Casper Imaging (as well as crea...  View more

• 290 replies
  • 1 kudos

Casper 9 in the Cloud Discussion

Hello all, I figure the best place to ask or start a strong discussion is the JAMF community. We are currently running Casper 8.73 in our environment and deciding on the best upgrade approach to go from Casper 8 to Casper 9. We would like to have som...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Certificate Deployment via JSS MobileConfig

So this particular thread is two-fold... I have a Microsoft Active Directory 2012 infrastructure. I have a Microsoft Certificate Server. I have a JSS 9.24 installation. All Macs are bound to Active Directory. My JSS Configuration Profile for end-user...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configure Chrome Kerberos SSO via MCX in JSS

The subject contains most of my keywords. I need to take these dscl mcx commands: sudo dscl . -mcxset /Users/admin com.google.Chrome AuthServerWhitelist always "*.domain.com" sudo dscl . -mcxset /Users/admin com.google.Chrome AuthNegotiateDelegateWhi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Atomic Learning iOS App Configuration

HI,Has anyone by chance been able to configure the Atomic Learning iOS App so that it points to their https site (which allows users login with AD and so track their time) I tried using the Casper Focus URL configuration and dropping in our URL, but ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logstash filter

I'm using logstash for reading logs and parsing them. I have created a filter to process the JAMFSoftwareServer.log and would like to share this with you. input { file { type => "jss-syslog" path => "/var/log/jss/JAMFSoftwareServer.log" codec => mult...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compiling an image with Yosemite beta

Has anyone succeeded in doing this? I have copied the InstallESD.dmg from the beta installer, added in to Casper Admin (9.32), but it fails when Casper Admin tries to analyse it, saying "This installer could be run on this computer. installer: Error ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wildcard for Running Services criteria in SmartGroup

Why doesn't this work? I'm trying to use a wildcard to find all Macs that have bomgar running. I would expect this to work: Running Services has com.bomgar.%If i click the '...' button, i get a list of about 8 different versions of com.bomgar. But th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using our VPP Token in two different MDMs.

We are using two MDMs (JSS and Apple Profile Manager). The first to manage the high school's 1:1 program, the second to manage a few mobile labs in the grade school. We are also using the same VPP token in both systems. At first we thought it was wor...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Air - Install Lastest Always

Hello all, I've seen some variations of this script on here floating around, but not one that does it all for you via a script without a package. I adapted it from a script I found for Adobe Flash Latest Install. #!/bin/sh # This script downloads and...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add WINS servers IP

Does anyone know how to populate the WINS settings via script or terminal? I have looked over the networksetup command and can see how to do pretty much everything else network wise but it does not look like the WINS settings are addressed. Any help ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configure MS Office 2011 Spell Check Language

I’m looking for a way to automate/script the setting of MS Office 2011 language that is used for Spelling and Grammar checking. Preferably, this would be an Apple script. As part of our “localization” process, I need to configure MS Office apps to us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors