Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

9.4 Known Issues

Now that 9.4 has been officially released I'm a little concerned about these after reading through the release notes... [D-006627] When restarting a computer that has been imaged using Casper Imaging, the computerfails to enroll if attempting to conn...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Partition Hiding / Unhiding, Mount/ Unmount

The reason for hiding the recovery partition is to make it unavailable for all end-users. If the administrators need it they can unhide/ unmount it after logging into Macintosh HD. But if the administrators need it at the boot up then is there anyway...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service completion message?

So I have Self Service running and it's great, people love it, not having any problems except one: When you click on something like, the last Flash installer or the latest Java install, the self service info windows changes to "Running policy..." and...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable SharePoint Plug-in for Chrome

anyone know a way to disable the Chrome SharePoint plugin (that Office 2011 installs) through MCX or policy? It doesn't seem to load correctly so the user always sees "Could not load SharePoint Browser Plug-in". thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin OS version check

What file/binary controls what OS version Casper Admin sees? I ask because of a beta program I am apart of that Casper Admin sees as something less than what it is. Casper Admin prompts to say I need an OS that is 10.4 or later, and I exceed that cri...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing unwanted compiled configurations

I receive this message every now and then while trying to synchronize/replicate. Result is always the same. Casper Admin is not responding and I have to close the application.I don't want or need compiled configs, how do i get rid of this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Historical Performance Reporting

I have some systems that are locking up after a few weeks due to a suspected memory leak in an application (thinking McAfee). I'm trying to find a utility i can install that will track cpu and memory utilization over time and output to a file. For ex...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office 2011/365/A3 Package

Hello, Is anyone deploying Office 2011 and activating it with their Office 365 subscription? I am able to deploy Office 2011 to teachers and staff who then activate it with their Office 365 account. Since the subscription is limited to 5 devices, how...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaged computers suddenly won't enroll

Tonight I installed a publicly signed SSL cert on our Windows based JSS (9.32), following the instructions here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=115. I did this manually, not in the JSS interface. After installing everything seeme...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Set proxy failing

I'm using a script to set the proxy for the Ethernet and Wi-Fi interfaces run at reboot. If I run the script manually it works great. Everything comes out set as it should. If I run it as part of the imaging workflow it will set the proxy for etherne...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Debug Menu: gone in Mavericks?

In Mac OS X 10.9.3, I am unable to enable the Debug menu. I use the command, but the Debug menu does not show up. Sanity check question. Has the command to enable it been changed, is it gone, or something else? Should not make a difference, but I hav...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Homes

I'd like our users to be able to mount the following home directory automatically via SMB after binding to AD: smb://servername/share//osx Their Windows home area is essentially: smb://servername/share/ Is there a way to do this using dsconfigad (wit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brand New Machines and imaging problem

In my environment I have a brand new machine come in. I immediately netboot it and image with a configuration that consists of all the apps to lay over the top of the installed OS that came with the machine. I have some applications install and then ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

App "stuck" in Self Service

I apologize in advance if this issue has been dealt with in a different discussion. I'm running JSS 9.4.rc3 and have an iPad with an app "stuck" in Self-Service. The progress indicator spins but the app doesn't get installed. I've removed the device ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename User Account

Hello, I have created a policy to push a local account to all of our enrolled computers. I have labled the Username and Full Name as "Student". The issue is that our students can not go into that account and change the name to their name. After speak...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pull info from AD into AppleScript

Hi all,I've got the bones of an AppleScript that pulls in info to update the Outlook ME Contact Below I have what's working and what's not as far as dscl queries. I tried all different kinds of dscl commands I've found on the forum but these are not ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to remove Admin Access

I am looking for a script to remove admin access on 100 machines that are using AD accounts. We have a local admin that I want to remain, and be the only admin. Any ideas?  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacement iPad and DEP Recognition

We had an iPad replaced through GSX repair, but when we tried to get the new device into our DEP, we had no luck. We reached out to Apple as well but the only answer we got was that they are aware of it, and they are working on it. Was wondering if a...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default PreStage for DEP Devices

Is there any way to setup a default "PreStage Enrollment" for devices purchased and automatically assigned via DEP to the JSS? I would like to have this process as hands-off as possible. I already have the DEP assign newly purchased devices to our JS...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles for Dummies

Hey, all. So, I'm somewhat new to Configuration Profiles. However, I've been told that MCX is going away and isn't a very good choice for pushing out Managed Settings. I was wondering if anyone had a "For Dummies" guide on how to prepare, set up, and...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

api for gsx to php website

hello i am new here want to confrim does any exe create that can mange 10 gsx acct because i saw apple gsx 1.3.0.2 using that exe for api to php website and 1 acct close after checking 100 imei  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing OS X MDM Profiles in System Preferences

I've been busy deploying a set of JSSs, one JSS for each of my clients. With one JSS I have encountered an issue that I have not encountered with the others. What is happening is the OS X enrollment in the JSS seems to be working properly except the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors