Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Very Newbie Question

Hello!We are just starting to look at managing OS X with Casper. My question is: What and where is the Casper client that I install on the Macs? I looked thru to docs and didn't see any mention of it.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service

I'm just in the process of testing Self Service in our environment and just wanted to know if I am missing something. So I have created a few Policies and assigned them as Self Service and made sure that they are featured items. Once the items have b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem Installing JSS on Lion Server

This one has stumped me all yesterday. I've got a lion server, following the documentation on migrating to Lion on an i7. Anyway i've downloaded the latest SQL community installer from the website (mysql-5.5.21-osx10.6-x86_64.dmg) and run it followin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems Moving Distribution Point from SMB to AFP Share

I'm trying to move my distribution point from an SMB share on Windows server to an AFP share on a SAN connected to a Mac Mini. I'm trying this because I'm running into problems deploying CS 5.5 AAMEE packages from our Windows server. It appears the f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates for remote offices

Hi I wanted to know if it was possible to do the following If I have a user that has their Mac Book Pro bound to an update server in the UK, if they were to travel to another Office, how would I get them to dynamically update to local SUS in that Off...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

screen lock + policy run on first boot

i'm looking to setup a first boot policy run/app and config install with a screen lock via jamfHelper. so far, i've cobbled it together myself. this is for use post-imaging to keep the base image as small as possible. what, if anything, are you all d...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display SNs used for an app

I imported all our SNs to casper licensed software mgmt, and I see there are x amount of systems with teh app installed. I can pull a report of those machines, but I can't see what SN they are using. I tried displaying SN 1 and SN 2, but the fields a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using JSS & MCX to manage 10.5 10.6 Home Sync

Seem to have hit a bit of a road block while attempting to move from WGM to MCX in Casper. We use Portable Homes and sync them to an AFP share on a server. In WGM we have it set to sync on login, logout and every half hour in the background. We see a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Home applescript problem

So, here's a snippit of the AppleScript I use to mount our network home folders on login. Usually it works just fine but for a few users it doesn't work. The reason it's not working is because when dscl command reads the SMBHome field the path is on ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Your JAMF Nation account has not been validated

Hiya all, I'm starting to poke around the iPhone management stuff. I tried to get Request Signed CSR Automatically through JAMF Nation through my jss and have enter my user name (me) and the password with my jamfnation account, which I of course know...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting "Exclude simple hostnames"

Hello you wizards, is there a way to script the "exclude simple hostnames" optionin the Proxies options, preferably for all existing network locations?Looks like networksetup doesn't do the trick.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Collect Java version - Inventory - Extension Attribute

Anyone have a good method or suggestion on how to collect Java version on clients? My method (which isn't working) was I wrote an extension attribute. But...even though the command works manually on the client, no information is collected in the JSS....  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS installer fails with error about Java 1.6

JSS 8.43 Setup via JSS Installer.msi on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 fails with error popout saying "The JSS requires Java 1.6 or later to be installed to function properly. Please verify that you have Java 1.6 or later installed and try running the JS...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Adobe Captivate 5.5

I am relatively new to JSS and Casper and I am having issues creating a package for Captivate 5.5. I used Composer 8.1 snapshot to make a .pkg file that I then uploaded into Casper Admin. When I push the package with Casper Remote it will install but...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JUST updating firefox 3.x.x, not later versions

this issue has come up a number of times, i think. i have to update just the ff 3.6.x apps on disk, leaving any later versions alone. i've tried ungainly combinations of criteria to get mostly there, but it's not foolproof. something like this is clo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: 10.6.8 Printers Stop Working with pstops error

Lately I've been having an issue with any IP (LPR) based printers I have setup on my 10.6.8 clients. Users will send a job to the printer, but the printer queue stops with the error: /usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstps failed I've tried replacing the sock...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Administrator Job - Kent State University (Ohio)

Kent State University, located in Kent Ohio is currently looking for someone with Mac enterprise management experience. This position would be responsible for creating and maintaining Mac desktop standards, and bring existing standalone systems under...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packagin Final Cut X for deployment

Hello, I am currently working on a project to deliver Final Cut X to a client machine. I know that this is going to come from the APP store but can I package this up once it is installed and deliver an unlicensed version via a casper for future use. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Network Diagram

I am looking for a tool to create network diagrams and server rack diagrams. Anyone have suggestions? How about OmniGraffle?I am looking for something other than Visio.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors