Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Installing pkg to applications folder

Can someone guide me or link to a resource? I have my pkg file (trying to put a webloc in the applications folder to then put in the dock). It is not letting me install this and is giving the error that "the package is trying to install content to th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for Firmware Password

Hi folks,we are setting a firmware password for our macs. Since Big Sur we have a couple of user who booted in recovery mode because they shut down the mac on login screen or make an OS-Update or had a black screen and rebooted the mac. Some of them ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Now Very few settings for Mac devices

I created an account and added an Apple Macbook to Jamf. What I noticed is that under the "restrictions" heading, there are few settings for Mac devices. For example, I don't see an option to turn off the App store? In addition, Jamf indicates that t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Standard user can't login - Catalina 10.15.7

Hey guys,I'm working on upgrading some MBAs and I have a policy that creates a new standard user which the students can use. I have the Macs joined to an AD and I thought just to test I should try to login as the student account. It fails. I know it'...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount SMB share?

Looking for the most reliable way to push SMB shares through Jamf Pro. I see a lot of old threads, scripting, 47 different approaches, etc. Never felt like I really saw a definitive answer.I have ~100 AD-joined Macs on Jamf Pro (cloud hosted). We're ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac App Store Apps Columns

Hi,How can I edit the columns shown on the [Computers >] Mac App Store Apps page? Currently, I can see Name, Version, Source, etc., but I'd like to remove some columns and add others to show more information.Thank you!   View more

image.jpeg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Edge - import Safari browsing history workflow

My organization is looking at using/favoring Edge because of its integration with o365. Most users currently seem to prefer Chrome, which imports nicely for users manually clicking some prompts in Edge.To import browser data from Safari to Microsoft ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you reapply content filter profiles?

I was troubleshooting something and changed my network location. After that, all of the my content filter profiles show either not running or not connected in system preferences. I tried removing and reapplying the profile, uninstalling/reinstalling ...  View more

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 11.10.30 AM.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

UI in Self Service Policies

Hi There, If there is a similar thread already - sorry i could not find it. My question is following - We want to make a couple of Policies in Self Service where there is some for of UI. Forexample a policy to create a new account, and to have a Dial...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deferring Major and Minor updates

Hi,Does anybody know where the settings are located for deferring major and minor updates separately. The one's mentioned here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mdm/mdm02df57e2a/web as Defer major releases and Defer minor releases. I only found d...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps not updating automatically

Good morning, I have all of our apps that are pushed down to the devices set to Automatically force updates. Updates are not happening. Is there a setting that I may be missing? I have spoken with a few device users and the devices are not being turn...  View more

userlfjiMPxZbC_0-1630491179140.png
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

FileVault key not being escrowed

Hello,I have a configuration profile set to enable FileVault upon enrollment & escrow the personal recovery key. This is working great, but here & there we had some keys not get escrowed, even after the computer inventory updated several times. I rec...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Google Drive for Desktop popups

Has anyone figured out how to stop all these Google Drive for Desktop popups?The desktop applications installs, the user runs the application and signs in, then a verification to verify you downloaded the app from Google, but then I see another popup...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Free AV recommendations for student use

Hey everyone, We've been offering McAfee to our students when they request AV, but apparently we're losing that option this December, from what my security team has told me. I'm being asked to research a free AV solution for Macs for our students (I ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox homepage - Configuration Profile

Hey guys,I'm horrible at scripting and I was wondering if I could get some help setting the homepage on Firefox with a Configuration Profile. The XML comes back with no errors but it still doesn't seem to work. Do you see what I'm missing or doing wr...  View more

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.12.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.13.08 AM.png
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf URL Missing

Update: Figured it out.Hello,I'm relatively new to managing a Jamf server and currently have access to my Jamf Pro site without issue. I am, however, trying to verify that I'm typing the correct server address to connect to my Jamf Admin app. After d...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Packaging Physical vs Virtual

Hey everyone! Currently using composer on physical hardware to package apps, followed by a reload of the device. Looking into Parallels or Fusion for app packaging. Has anyone run into any issues packaging apps on a vm? Thanks in advance   View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Older MacOS Versions to VPP

I'm certain the answer to this is "you can't," but I figured I'd try here.I want to get some VPP licenses for the Catalina installer so I can scope them out to some machines without them having to hit our Jamf servers. Unfortunately, Apple School Man...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flush policy logs

I would like to enable a group of users to be able to flush policy logs on clients, but without granting them the "Administrator" role.What are the privileges that I need to set for this group to be able to do this flush command?Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Computer Permissions

I would like to enable a group of users to be able to send the "Lock Computer" command, but without granting them the "Administrator" role.What are the privileges that I need to set for this group to be able to send this command?Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accepting a vpp invitation with no app store

I am sorry, but I can't find an answer for this anywhere. I have used VPP invitations for years, once a student accepts it, I can push iBooks to their iPad. I have also always used the self service portal for apps and removed the app store.In the pas...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building M1 Packages

Hey All.. I got my hands on an M1 MBP since we are starting to deploy more M1 Macs. I built a DMG to deploy an M1 based app and it builds fine in Composer. It's about 166MB but when the DMG is installed, it's 0 bytes. Empy .app folder. Looking on the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors