Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Released Devcies

Hello! I am wondering how Released Devices in Apple Business Manager relate to managed devices in JAMF. I suppose my first question is: Are devices automatically released in ABM when they are replaced through Apple? Or do devices need to be manually ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Azure ad connector

HI all! I'm new to Jamf. I created Cloud Identity Providers to my azure ad tenant. Second, i created jamf user from Azure AD with administrator role, but they havn't login to Jamf. Everytime i see error: Sign-in error code 50076Failure reason Due to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 Users not displaying when multiple exist

Hi everyone, I am trying to confirm that the username on the computer is the same as the Filevault2 username in some kind of report. Currently if I navigate into the computer > Disk Description > FileVault 2 Enabled Users: Name Some computers have Fi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X PEAP computer authentication

Hi, guys. JAMF newbie here. I'm a Network Engineer and never worked with JAMF before. MacBooks on my company are managed by JAMF through a third party company. I'm trying to understand how a MacBook is sending 802.1X credentials to the radius server ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN - frequent disconnects

We have a Microsoft VPN server and people connect using L2TP Some of our student residences connect to the wired network using the VPN. A couple of students who have Mac's have reported frequent dropouts (every 8 minutes for one). Whilst I have had d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zendesk Jamf Viewer. help needed

Hello. We would like to use the app Jamf_Zendesk that we found in the marketplace.I was able to get the app installed but I'm getting the "Retrieving info from Jamf Pro...Please Wait!" notification. I use Jamf Cloud. here settings we use : domain: co...  View more

db58daa440e04d2d918a264560b8fd05
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Searching for a mobile device by IMEI with the API

Hi, I am trying to figure out a way to find a mobile device by its IMEI with the API but I am running into issues getting Jamf to return the correct information. I'm working with this constraint because the department that handles the hardware in my ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent Zoom Logins on iOS

Hi everyone, We'd like to prevent students from logging into the Zoom app on their iPads, and I need a little help with how to set the App Configuration. I found instructions here, but I'm not sure if I need the option listed under AirWatch, or just...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's New in Jamf Pro 10.31.1

Update: August 11th, 2021Today we made an update available to Jamf Pro to fix an issue with a legacy passcode policy payload. A reminder that the cloud upgrade was postponed and is now scheduled for this upcoming weekend, see below for details. Pleas...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 10 kudos

Refresh Cellular Plans

I'm testing "Refresh Cellular Plans" command to activate eSIM by Jamf Pro, but I can't manage it. I have two parameter from my TELCO: SM-DP + Address something like: telco.prod.connection.comActivation code something like: 12345678-12AA-1A1A-A123-12A...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporarily Disabling the Camera in MacOS

Has anyone successfully disabled the native camera in MacOS for a brief period of time and then reversed it? We are K-12 public schools and our leadership would like to disable the camera in student MacBooks for the summer. I need a way to also allow...  View more

2ff3a1764344463488d0ef0ad0758e90
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

smart group for devices that have upgraded to Big Sur

Any one have suggestions on how to create a smart group for devices that have been upgraded to Big Sur? I have had problems with Sophos after a Big Sur upgrade and removing and reinstalling seems to fix the issue. However I don't want to reinstall So...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstrike Issue after upgrading to Big Sur

So after upgrading to Big Sur on some test user machines were noticing that the CrowdStrike system extension is asking users to approve it even though it was already present prior to going to Big Sur. Has anyone else seen similar issues with this? We...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Room Controller App Connection Issue

Looking for anyone with guidance on how to resolve this weird issue I am auto deploying the Zoom Room Controller app from JAMF via VPP to our Zoom Room iPads, and for the most part the app will auto install, I am able to open and login and get to our...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying printer presets

We are trying to push out printer presets for our copiers and I found this article: Deploying Mac printer presets I got the process working by making a preset "template", but the problem I'm running into is if a user already has custom presets create...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Provisioning/Imaging Catalina MacBook Pro

Hello Jamf Nation, Please forgive me for my lack of technical term usage in this post but hoping someone could help me with a better process for setting up new MacBook Pros with my company's software. In the past, we had a provision script that we wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors