Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.100.0 Beta 2 is now available

Beta 2 is now available for Jamf Pro 9.100.0. What’s new in beta 2: Functionality from our first Jamf Pro 9.100.0 beta build, including macOS reporting enhancements, new settings for inventory record updates, the ability to require a tethered Etherne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trust Relationship

Hi guys, I have this errors on my machines since upgrading to 9.98: There was an error. Error enrolling computer: Unable to establish trust with the JSS - The jamf binary could not connect to the JSS because the web certificate is not trusted. I have...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 9 Beta for non admin users

Did anyone upon installing the script which was used for xcode 8 users are now faced with admin prompt to install the tools in xcode beta 9 even though they are part of the dev security group #!/bin/sh # Accept EULA so there is no prompt if [[ -e "/A...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11 Device Based App Installation

Now that this is in public beta and we can talk about it, I reset a test iPad this morning and started getting the pop-up box that says I need to sign into iTunes to allow my jss to manage and install apps. This wasn't previously necessary for automa...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 2 kudos

sudo script question

I am trying to script removing our old MDM enrollment through DEP from Macs so I can have them prompt for DEP enrollment into Jamf. I am OK with the end user being prompted for their admin password but would rather not have them manually type in the ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple columns in a MUT CSV?

Is there a way to have multiple columns in a MUT CSV? I am currently creating separate CSVs for Serial / Device Name and for Serial / Username. If I could do both in one CSV, I think that would save me some time. It might even solve another issue by ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

App groups not working anymore

Hi there,We've previously distributed app using static groups in the scope, instead of assigning the device directly in the app. This has stopped working. In the command list of the device we get "Pending - Application is not available to install". T...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with a DO loop scripyt

When it comes to scripting I'd say I'm mediocre compared to most folks so I need some help really nailing down a DO loop which I don't really use very often. Purpose of the script: We use ARD to remote into machines so we populate ARD Field #1 on our...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom.us Outlook Plugin deployment

Hello, I'm trying to determine the best way to install the zoom.us outlook plugin using JAMF. From previous experience, the Outlook plugin for Zoom.us does not work unless the outlook account is set up prior to installation. So, I've found a great sc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Export of Populated Smart Group is Empty

I've built some Smart Groups around if specific configuration Profile Names exist (or don't) on machines. They work great in the JSS, but when I go to export their memberships all I get is a header row. Other Smart Groups export fine, it just seems t...  View more

e4b6f308a21c4cd8817c68557ed178e0 90f687a6089947cfa2efb0e26ade1fe7 c9361532031a45769d661843a868bb13
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remove GarageBand Instrument Install Error

When deploying GarageBand, we have our users download whatever additional instruments they want and then use a script to install them outside of GarageBand from Self Service. In other words, they download the instruments within GarageBand, cancel the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL query help

Doing a big no-no, and trying to get an export from the database with a sql query for application inventory. I'm running the following: select application_name,application_version, count(*) as count from applications group by application_name is crea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit access to port 5900?

The university I work for wants us to prevent port 5900 from being open to the world. I've been trying to understand how to implement network filtering by port, protocol, and address range. I'm getting confused. Can someone tell me how I can implemen...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage enrollment fails repeatedly for iOS devices

Wondering if anyone has seen this behavior. After, setting up a JSS instance in the DMZ the prestage enrollment (DEP) fails anywhere from 4 to 6 times before succeeding. Also, the device registers as a 'No Name' and changes to iPhone after a blank pu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Searching an SMB mounted Winodws Share

Should I be able to search, not spotlight obviously just a basic Finder search, an SMB mounted Windows share? I seem to not be able to. Is there a best practices for making this work? We're looking at decomming a bunch of old Xserves and moving the d...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Process for upgrading all Macs to 10.12.5

Our environment wants us to upgrade all Macs to 10.12.5 (~300 machines) We've previously cached the package on user's machines, then allow them to upgrade through Self Service. How are some of you forcing 10.12.5 updates for the user's that do not wa...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

API not updating XML for users Extension Attributes

This is for iOS devices. I have a script that I use to update user’s extension attributes based on the classes they are in. Well after the semester ends, I wanted to clear out this information as I have classes setup based on these extension attribut...  View more

727b2e1b354447a5b2b11a8ec7e61e0f b90d43b79808477cbaf5a4840aa9af42 37fbdbf402354f33bbb8b4e989818bf0
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

File_Vault_Recovery_Key.plist Workflow Question

I was wondering if anyone had any details, or could link to an article, regarding the behavior/process behind the file_vailt_recovery_key.plist file that is generated at /Library/Application Support/JAMF/run after enabling FileVault2 disk encryption....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Interesting issue with auto populating fields from LDAP

So I have this weird issue going on. I just implemented MacMule's script below to grab LDAP user info and import it in JSS. The script is running via a policy at Login/Logout, Ongoing. When a user signs into a device I want to see their User ID, Real...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors