Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Composer - What to do with Users directory?

Hi, I'm using Composer more and more now to get software packaging image. When I do a snapshot, then install an application, then do a second snapshot, sometime (most of the time) there are changes in Users/ directory. Because the directory is under ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper JSS Push Notification - Is it required?

Hi all, We are noticing the following warning within our JAMFSoftwareServer.log. Seems like it's trying to get to gateway.push.apple.com. 2016-07-22 11:15:39,413 [WARN ] [oolThread-8] [PushQueueManager ] - Error sending push notification com.jamfsoft...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open source jamfhelper

Question to the JAMF team, Any chance that jamfhelper can become an open source project? cocoaDialog has not been updated in some time and I would hate to have to re-invent the wheel for a non-JAMF site. Ben  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual boot OS X and Windows 10 using DeployStudio

Thanks in advance for reading. We use Deploy Studio for imaging. Right now I have a functional workflow that creates two partitions and images OS X and Windows with my WinClone image (I know, I'm not using the most up to date way to do this using a P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Rights System Logging

Does anyone know if there is a log or way to view who granted admin rights to a user on a MAC ?In Windows, our security office has a way to report on this and wants to know if there is a way to do it on a Mac. I have yet to find it or even know if it...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

RUM Policy

I know this is probably silly, but I'm pulling my hair out over it.... I can run RemoteUpdateManager through Casper Remote and on my devices, but whenever I deploy it through policy or in Self Service it shows this error. "sudo: RemoteUpdateManager: ...  View more

e94ea9e7fefa4b3dacb234df9f33b447
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to update Login/Logout Hooks

I would like to know by which mechanism are login and logout hooks updated? For instance, I have a script that I want run upon login. I had this scoped to myself as a test, and have since updated the script. The changes in the script are not applying...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Check out Photos for OS X notification

In the top right corner of the screen there has been a notification stating that Check out Photos for OS X notification. Does anyone have a method to stop this notification? I have blocked it in notification center by set the alert style to none and ...  View more

b10d6427f8234b7f8b1ba724e5b1efa5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternatives to Open Directory and Active Directory

I have always used Open Directory when Active Directory isn't available. However for the first time I had an Open Directory go bad as a result of a major OS upgrade. I was going from Yosemite to El Capitan. A little command line work successfully res...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

check status of localization services

Is it possible to check the status of the localization services (Setting > Confidentiality > Localization service) of an iPad (like an alert if turned off) ?It is usefull to know if the time zone, time & date are automatically set.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Code42 (CrashPlan Enterprise) Auto Setup AD Users?

Setting up CrashPlan here in an environment where all of our users have AD setup. I have been tasked with setting up and deploying CrashPlan to all of the MacBooks via Casper, and would ideally want everything to be silent and triggered without any u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Preferences Grayed Out - How?

First of all let me apologize in advance. I am very new to Jamf/Casper and Mac administration as a whole. I have inherited a Jamf managed environment where we are finding that several of the settings in System Preferences are grayed out. Specifically...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SWID tags for JAMF Software products?

Currently, it appears that installing or enrolling an endpoint into Casper Suite doesn't create a software identification tag (SWID) for Casper Suite itself. Should it? More specifically: If installing JAMF Software's products, e.g. the jamf binary o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] AppleCare vs 3rd party warranty

We were refreshing our pricing quotes from our Mac computer sources, and one of them included an optional Accidental Coverage warranty for an almost negligible price difference from Applecare. Has anybody had any experience with these 3rd party warra...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy log displaying in JSS 9.92

I upgraded to JSS 9.92 from 9.81 the other day and so far so good with one exception. When I view Policy logs, the default view is now to only display 10 items at a time and sorted by computer name. I have to manually change it to display 100 items a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single APP Mode Safari Kiosk problem

Hi there, My company wanted to setup a kiosk with an iPad, it opens a webpage using and prints tickets for customers. So I added a WebClip that link to the site with full screen (so address bar is hidden and customers can't navigate to another webpag...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notifications Profile Setting not working?

Has anyone else had the new notifications feature working via JSS deployment? I have been attempting to combine the profile, with the use of the Self-Service Mobile App, so that it forces users to have to receive push notifications for the app. Or ha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User-Initiated Enrollment Default Site

Is it possible to set the default site with User-Initiated Enrollment? I'd rather it not be 'None' as i seem to get enrollments coming in with 'None' as their site. I've only have two sites and one is my lab deployments, so they would never use UIE a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Without SIP?

There's a ton of information about SIP out there, but here's a question... We have several old iMacs running Yosemite that we're going to be upgrading to El Capitan as part of our Casper workflow. This workflow also sets up a Boot Camp partition with...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPSS 24 Deployment

Hello JN, I attempted packing SPSS 23 about a year or so ago. I was successful in capturing a snapshot that worked great on the machine I built it on. But as explained here ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/documentation/statistics/24....  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Firmware Password

We are currently auditing our password security and need to update the Firmware password on everyone's machine. Is there a way to do this via a script? The JSS EFI Password Policy to set a password comes back with an error that the EFI password is al...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors