Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Have Time Machine backup just user folder

Anyone already doing this? We are experimenting with a time machine backup qnap. I'm trying to work out how to tell time machine on each computer to only backup its user folder. Didn't want to re invent the wheel. Any ideas? Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Pu...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Office update notifications?

I have a strange question:How are you notified of Office updates when they're released? I generally find out from JAMFnation when an update is out, and Microsoft's support site is an absolute disaster to search for anything Mac related. (I've spent ~...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

"iPad is Disabled" bc of passcode, Wi-Fi shuts off

Does anyone have a solution for preventing wi-fi from shutting off when an incorrect passcode disables an iPad? It's very frustrating to have the option in JSS to clear a passcode for an iPad that desperately needs it, but I can't use it because the ...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbook not working across VLANs

hi, can anyone tel me the root cause of why the netboot is not getting detected in across vlans. even though we have done all the settings in DHCP scope. But it works when the netboot server and client are in same VLAN. what is the solution to make t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

One Drive for Business Client is here!!

Just thought you all might like to know it is finally here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-started-with-the-OneDrive-for-Business-Next-Generation-Sync-Client-on-Mac-OS-X-d11b9f29-00bb-4172-be39-997da46f913f?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US https...  View more

• 59 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil installation issue

Hey all, I have a question about dockutil and JAMF. I created a package to install dockutil and a script to reset the dock. As long as I call it manually from terminal it works fine, but I’m trying to use it in conjunction with a DEP enrollment. When...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.11 Upgrade-Wi-Fi Inactive

We are testing some 10.11 upgrades for one of our iMac labs running 10.8.5. Using standard OS Installer packages (10.11.1 and 10.11.2 both tested) and via Self Service or Casper Remote, the machine gets upgraded successfully but the Wi-Fi service is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

disappearing data from inventory fields for iPads

Hello everyone, Lately we have started running into a problem where any data we put into the "position", "department" and "building" fields under the inventory tab keep getting erased once an iPad checks into the JSS. Normally we put an iPad on Confi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 9.82

Just saw the email that 9.82 is now out. I took a look at the Release notes and it seems like several good fixes made it into this version. A couple that I noted- [D-009724] When upgrading to a Casper Suite version that uses the new jamf binary locat...  View more

• 51 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Policy profile disables user account

I have a machine I'm trying to enroll into JSS. As soon as it is successfully enrolled, the user can no longer log in, getting the error message: Your account has been disabled. Contact your system administrator for more information. When this is hap...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Trigger Log

I have a policy set for custom trigger, which installs a large package - It can take an hour to install.The logs within the policy show nothing whilst the install is running - just "pending". I assume it will only return the success/fail and all step...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving Caching Service to another Mac?

We installed Server.app and configured and enabled the Caching Service on a random spare Mac to trial it to see if it would have a positive impact on our bandwidth usage. Now that we want to do it "for real" is there a way for us to move the already-...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

launchd StartOnMount doesn't behave as expected

I'm trying to show a popup whenever a USB device is connected. There are a few suggestions to use a launchdaemon with StartOnMount, but this gets triggered every time a computer is unlocked from screensaver. Do you have any suggestions on how to appr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Usage tracking

Quick question, Is there any way other than going through each of our 100+ policies to see who is using self service? I know there is logs on each computer but can't say it would be easy to get to all of them, or find them on our network at the same ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time in Casper Focus Classes

What is the purpose for having the time in classes for Casper Focus? If you have a flexible schedule as for classes i.e: hundreds for classes and teachers is this a viable thing to be using? Do class times clash with other Teachers classes if its a d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proper License Tracking for Adobe Creative Cloud

Apologies if this was already answered, I did a check but couldn't find anything relevant. We have a mix of specific applications, device and users licenses for Adobe Creative Cloud products and are looking for a way to properly track their usage thr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

config profile auto logout vs LOCK

is there a way for me to have auto lock instead of auto logout configuration profile ? some users come back and they have been logged out, thus closing there browsers, documents etc... I told them to avoid this from happening, to click there name at ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Privileges Required to Update Computer Records

Awhile ago I created a local JSS user that was solely for the purpose of using its credentials in scripts to perform actions via the API, namely updating the value for specific extension attributes within a computer record. I want this user to be as ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Static Groups

I'm just curious as to how you are all using Static Groups. Thus far, I have been alble to leverage dynamic Smart Groups in almost every situation. Im almsot 100% Dept driven here, so as long as a Mac has been assigned to a Dept Im good to go. I have...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick apple configurator 2.0 question

If we were to purchase a phone from say Vodafone UK (Who currently dont support DEP via the Apple reseller ID) If we were to supervise it using configurator and the end user wiped the device, would it remain supervised or would we need to redo it aga...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boston JUG Resources + Links

Excellent meeting last night everyone. Great to see folks step up and share their work and knowledge with the group. A few links and resources related to items we discussed. Others, feel free to chime in with useful links of your own: Apple WWDC Vide...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors