Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Log of Casper Activity - Self Service Plugin not updating

I wanted to make a plugin where our users can see what type of things Casper is doing (our culture makes it difficult for people to accept Casper) . I made this script here: !/bin/bash mkdir /Library/Scripts/Shopify more /var/log/jamf.log | grep "Exe...  View more

b46ec54e8bd14623bd047ac2243d2279 bcd4d9a2651c4e49ac88040eb78c477f 13ebf128de354d7ca6cc9033fa0c3398
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help: Signing cert for Quickadd package

Hoping someone can help me out here. I'm trying to export a signing cert for the Quickadd package and running into some issues. First, we already have an enterprise developer program here and I have an account attached to it. I am following the KB ar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Security Config Profile

Since JSS 9.82 the Security & Privacy Config Profile doesn't seem to be working properly. I have Require password Immediately after sleep and Screensaver but its setting its self to 5 mins. Anyone else seeing this?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add OS X Server Account

On iOS -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars one can add a Account -> Other -> "add OS X Server Account".Can i set this Account through JSS? If Yes, where? Thanks, Jack  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Securly Content Filtering

Evening JAMF Nation, We are currently reviewing Securly for deployment to our fleet of iPads, Macbooks (Airs and Pros), and Chromebooks for our staff and students. Wondering how other's have deployed to OS X and iOS? Understand we can push a Configur...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device PreStage Enrolment Name Enforcing

Hi all I created a PreStage Enrolment for Mobile Devices and have ticked the box to Enforce Mobile Device Names adding a prefix along with the device serial number. I've noticed that if I scope a Configuration Profile to the devices which has the Res...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper imaging within a VM

Hi All, Just running into a wee problem with a little test I am playing with and was hopping that somebody may have some ideas. I am attempting to get Casper Imaging to install into a VMWare Fusion VM (via NetBoot) and so far I keep hitting the same ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Raspberry Pi 2 as netsus server

Hi, Yes, I know not the best idea, but this was just a fun project to see if I could get it to work. I found Ubuntu for Raspberry Pi 2 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RaspberryPi. I have it all setup on a 128GB MicroSD, the partition is extended and the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to AutoPKG. How does handle FUT/FEU?

Hi all, I'm here to ask a rather elementary question. I'm looking to package an update to Chrome for our end-users machines and want to ensure all their prefs/bookmarks/plugins stay intact post update. If I use AutoPKG to create a chrome.pkg and uplo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP + 10.10.5 + JSS 9.82

Hi, Happy new Year ;-) As we got iMacs and MacBooks with DEP and finally upgraded to 9.82 I figured out how our "Best Practice" will be (Details will follow, if somebody is interested).Now those Macs came with 10.11.1; If you reset them via Recovery ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Cert auth

Hello, I am missing something with the Cert Based Auth on JDS? I have ticked "Enable Certificate-Based Authentication, Ensure that device certificates on OS X computers and other JDS instances are valid" and then made sure the JDS has noticed this wi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Token Renewal

I am seeing the 30 day notification indicator "VPP Account...expiring in 30 days" in our JSS. When I go to our Apple VPP portal and click "Download Token" I get a '.vpptoken' file. So far so good. But when I upload that token to the JSS our VPP expir...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group fails to update

If we make any changes the smart group update fails with the following error. An error occurred while saving the changes.See JAMFSoftwareServer.log for more details.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible to restore password of iTunes backup file?

I deleted a few photos and text messages when cleaning my iPhone this morning. I already had backed up with itunes. However, i tried a few times to input the password i thought it was right, but all went wrong. is there any way to recover the passwor...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer issue?

Scenario: Running on 10.10.5 and Composer 9.65 (and tested with 9.81). When converting some packages no files will show up in the Sources (or in the folder in /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Composer/Sources/). I know the original pkg file has them...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mcafee EPO vs Casper FV management

Our jump start date is quickly approaching and we are trying to work out our strategy for managing FileVault. Currently, EPO is managing FV on our Macs and holds the keys (no enterprise key). We think to get Casper to take this over, we will have to ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service policy title size

Here is a view of our Self Service app. I not the server admin, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the title size of individual policies. **Edit: I should clarify that I do co-manage a branch, not the full JSS. The arrow is indicating th...  View more

7c95ab9005d64a54b55e6409bc7a05ce
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does launchd work in El Capitan?

I am attempting to get an app to start when the user logs (Alertus) I think I have the right files in the right places.Has anyone else had any issues with launchd and El Capitan?Thanks in advance  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

get jssID of iPad from serial number via api

ok. so here's me situation. i need for a teacher to be able to go into self service on their laptop and run a policy that asks for a student iPad serial number and then does an update inventory on that device. it looks like i can use the api to do th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee ePO agent and menu items

We've been requested to test and deploy McAfee in our environment so its pretty new. We have the ePO server side set-up. but am curious about a few things with testing and further deploying. These test machines our not on our domain yet, we wanted to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using Azure for DPs?

We're looking into cloud-based DPs and our relationship with MS makes Azure the first option everyone suggests. I know it is not a native cloud option, but I assume it's possible to set it up as an https DP? Is this possible, and has anyone done it?  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Fileshare DP and JSS

Hey everyone. So..I've got an issue regarding JSS connecting to a file share and I'm running out of ideas. Setup/issue is as follows - The setup JSS hosted on a mac (version 9.81), and currently setting up an smb fileshare on a separate mac. Folder h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BSDPY Help Needed

I know this is kind of off topic, even through I see an increasing footprint of folks working with BSDPY here... If there is a better forum to post, please let me know and I will post there, not seeing a lot, but maybe I missed something. We're runni...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors