Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Griffin Multidock Charging Issues

I saw that a few users here have made use of the Griffin Multidock and I'm curious to see if any of you have experienced any charging issues? We have one that is used for a checkout iPad system, so it syncs with Apple Configurator and charges. Lately...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

random connection errors to SMB share on windows 2012 r2

HEy jamfnation we are having a major issue with clients not being able to mount the share 4 out of 5 times. I have been working with JAMF support and they thought it may be related to a patch but I removed that patch and I am still having issues. The...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to for Prestage Deployment

I just imported all my devices into JSS from the Apple DEP and now would like to take advantage of the Pre Stage Deployment process. Is there a document that explains how all of that works?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Docker containerise a JDS

I have successfully found a method (a docker container) to use for netbooting/netinstall across all our offices internationally:https://themacwrangler.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/creating-a-netboot-server-with-centos-7-and-bsdpy/comment-page-1/#comment-...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Sharing

I am not sure why Casper Remote does not enable screen sharing for the management account as part of its connection process, but since it does not I need to figure out how to remotely accomplish this task. Is there a way to do this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF 9.8 client crash on 10.11 GM Candidate

When trying to get policies from our 9.8 JSS test server with a 10.11 Mac (the GM Candidate, build 15A282b), I get following crash : bash-3.2# jamf versionversion=9.8bash-3.2# jamf policy -verbose verbose: JAMF binary already symlinked verbose: JAMF ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scholastic SMI iPad app

I've been trying to push out the SMI app and i can push it out fine. The problem is when i go to configure the Site id it will take it then i open the app and it says this app is not configured. I go back into settings and configure the app and what ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid porfile

I set up my pre-stage enrollment for my schools ipads. I wiped the devices but when I do the through the pre-stage enrollment, i get a message on the ipad that says invalid profile? how can i fix this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 7.0 CLI Tools

Has anyone been able to find the Xcode 7.0 CLI Tools for OS X 10.10. I'm able to get them from OS X Software Update, but in the past I've been able to just get them from the Dev site. They've since changed the entire layout of the Dev site though and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad Passcode

I have ipads in my school that have a passcode that students have forgot. Is there a way I can get past the passcode to turn on the internet so I can't wipe a device through my JSS?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.8 Upgrade Self Service Down

Did an upgrade to 9.8 this morning, seemed to go smoothly. Got a ticket about Self Service throwing up an error. I checked, and sure enough Self Service is erring out on every computer I tried.Checked the Console log on the client: 9/18/15 9:09:19.59...  View more

• 65 replies
  • 0 kudos

No VPP invitation on device

Hi, When i tried to enrolle an ipad air 1 wifi for the first time on JSS, i see VPP invitation on the JSS Side but Nothing on the ipad side. My iPad is on ios 9 and JSS on version 9.73  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10.5 resetting user accounts after every restart

One of our lab iMacs, a late 2013, after every restart, is resetting all the user accounts back to the same settings and files as when they where first created. For example, my account on this computer was created on September 1. Even though it's Sep...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD status is not updating

If we disjoin the Mac from Domain then after the Check In the AD status is still connect (domain.local).Is there another way of updating this status.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autopkgr

Curious if anyone in the community utilizes this? I've configured it on our Casper server but keep running into the following error: When I check Console I don't receive much insight to what could be happening? Sep 17 16:39:55 admins-Mac-Pro.local Au...  View more

12ea30972cb04b61a7e2a30682169464
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 9.81 Beta Program Now Available

The Casper Suite 9.81 Beta Program is now available for all current Casper Suite customers. This beta is heavily focused on OS 10.11 Support and VPP managed distribution enhancements for mobile devices. For members of the 9.8 beta program, your cloud...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

WEPA Deployment for Labs

Hi,Is anyone using WEPA printing for labs in a large setting environment? We are using WEPA in labs here at the University. It's very tricky to create a package because the settings have to include the name of the university, whether or not to logon ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain removal on Lab Machines

Just like everyone else we are dealing with keychain issues for our AD accounts. I have a lab where students login with their AD credentials and they are constantly complaining about the keychain prompts. The building consultant wanted me to script s...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bluetooth PAN interrupts image process

Tried to image a machine a machine (10.10.x, Casper 9.8) and when the machine reboots and goes into the "The imaging process is finishing installing software" screen, it sits there for a bit, and then that screen clears away and a popup window opens ...  View more

6c76aac37dca41adb51be23a7b5795c1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.8, GSX setup

Got my certs uploaded, but when I run a test I get: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to gsxapi.apple.com:443 [gsxapi.apple.com/17.151.129.22] failed: Connection timed out: connect How do I know if this is on my end and I need to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

assigning prestage enrollment.

My school bought some new IPAD air 2 and I am trying to assign the Pre-Stage Enrollment to the ipads. I go into the DEP in JSS and all the new ipads are "unassigned" how do i change this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft LAPS (Local Admin Password Solution)

MS LAPSMS has released a "tool" that allows you to randomly change the local admin password and then store it in AD.We are starting to use this at our company on the Windows machines. I'm looking for a way to do the same type of thing on the Mac's. W...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filesharing for iOS in Server 5.0.3?

Does anyone know anything about this new feature that was announced with the release of OS X Server.app 5.0.3? iOS 9 users can easily access and store documents on OS X Server. Once a share point is created, it can be shared to iOS devices and made a...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCT Study Materials

Hello Everyone,I'm new to the website and trying to take CCT training on November.I just wanted to see if I could get training materials in advanced so that I could read and overview before actual training starts.Do anyone have suggestions or have st...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype Firewall Rules

Hi,I've created an installer package for Skype through Composer, and it works great, except that it doesn't add the firewall rule when it installs, and inevitably prompts the user for administrative credentials when it first runs. Is it possible to e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock corruption?

Hi Nation, Does anyone have an easy answer for what might cause a dock to lose its app-specific icons? As you can see I am not getting the usual question marks, but rather, the generic app icon. I'm guessing something is corrupt but I'm not sure whic...  View more

0c118d41b74b4a6e9aaa47fde50152cb
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors