Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

9.8 and Java Upgrade for Linux

JSS 9.8 requires java 1.7 or 1.8. We currently have JSS 9.72 installed on RHEL with Java 1.6 installed. I see JSS 9.72 supports Java 1.8 and we would like to upgrade to Java 1.8 before installing JSS 9.8I am wondering if anyone has run into problems ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 version numbers

I downloaded the full (monolithic) Office 2016 15.14 installer to upgrade my 15.13.1 installation. After the installation I launched Outlook and saw the pop-up letting me know about the ability to make archive files. This definitely confirmed the upg...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS [D-008688] Wifi 802.1x config profile

In the JSS release notes for 9.73 it was reported that defect [D-008688] was fixed. Now in version 9.8 its reporting [D-008688] as a known issue again. The only work around we have been using is deleting the System level password in the keychain and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobilepac file and iOS updates

It seems it would be easy to add http://mesu.apple.com/assets/com_apple_MobileAsset_SoftwareUpdate/com_apple_MobileAsset_SoftwareUpdate.xml to a mobile pac file and redirect it to a local file I host on one of our servers to block the newest updates ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to Casper - have a few questions

Hey Folks - We recently migrated to Casper from Meraki (K-12 school with iPads depolyed 1:1 in grades 6-12). The biggest reason for the move was so that we could shut down the App store and only publish "approved" apps through the self-service app. W...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

anti-dockfixup measures

Has anyone figured out a way to suppress Maps, iBooks and Photos in El Capitan yet? In previous releases Apple has copied/moved the com.apple.dockfixup.plist, unless it is being done some other way. I use dockutil to create a custom dock and throw it...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBooks won't automatically install onto iPads

We are doing a large Digital Citizenship push in our school district and part of the program requires students to read an eBook about it. I purchased the book through VPP and scoped it to all of our iPads and set it to install automatically. The book...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible memory leak when reconning a system

Hey Everyone, I've see a couple of systems recently that seem to have a memory leak when submitting data to Casper after a recon. I have attached a screenshot below. The fix seems to be running sudo jamf -removeFramework and then re-enrolling the sys...  View more

05444df67ad64fe4b5fae1e7df5ccd8b
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Points

Our company has 5 distribution points. SF, Chicago, London, NY, and Boston. All the distribution points have the proper credentials. They mount just find when replicating and everything replicates over to all distribution points from the mastershare....  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Self Service

Hi, we use self service (Casper 9.72) and have some sporadic issues with Self Service. Sometimes it will work, other times, the little spinning circle just goes round and round. Users have been through the entire VPP process in approving assigning ap...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus..."Fail to add/remove focus"

We are beginning to use Casper Focus and have noticed a few things (Casper 9.72). It is really slow It often fails to focus a number of iPads which are supervised/DEPd / enrolled correctly. A few attempts later it will. Removing focus sometimes fails...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

So we discovered vShare today...any advice?

Hello nation, So we discovered vShare today. I am still a pretty new iOS/OS X admin so I wasn't aware that something like this existed. Apparently users can download an App via a website like vshare dot com and get access to an illegitimate App store...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare Horizon Client 3.5.0 Packaging

We have been using VMWare Horizon for a few years now to connect our MAC users to a VDI session. We have added a second connection server now and are trying to add it to the connection list but it is not applying correctly in the package. Instead of ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add printers using shell script

Hello All, Thank you in advance for reading. I've read a few different posts on here about adding printers using a script and before I did so I came up with my own to add about 50-60 printers to a bunch of machines. It is as follows: #!/bin/bash # Re...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Purchasing Methodology

Hi All, This is much more logistics than tech, but I'm curious how organizations handle purchasing and budget for computers/tablets/phones. Does equipment come out of IT's budget?Does equipment come out of the individual business unit/department/facu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault enabling issues

So during our build process we like to activate file vault at the end of the build process. I have a package that makes sure the recovery partition is there...creates the users that are needed for FileVault. Then I run the following command to enable...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot Appliance on SuSE Linux?

Hello, We use SuSE Linux for all of our Linux servers, so I was wondering if there is a way to break apart the install to see what gets installed. I am relatively certain that since this will run on Red Hat, installing on SuSE should be fairly straig...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn Sleep Off

I was looking for a way to turn some of the power save features off through Casper and I was looking at the Energy saver section of Configuration Profiles. I see "put the computer to sleep after" and "put the display to sleep after", but the range is...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Retrieving MobileDevices based on Site

Is it possible to retrieve a list of devices based on a Site?When retrieving a list of all devices, no site or anything related to a device's building/site is being exposed through the api. See the XMl below: 2 6 iPad iPad dd1dff5d598e3fce####16288...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wish I could make it!

I've been hoping someone with the organizational skills to start up a user group around Columbus would do so. I won't be able to make it on the 27th, but hopefully soon!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ebook distribution

How can I make an ebook available in self service without requiring our students to provide an Apple ID? The default method just provides a url for the app store item so then the student has to provide an Apple ID to download it. Is there a method th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Script not running/corrupted

So in reimaging a lab yesterday (2012 MacBook Pro 13") I found that the enrollment script was either never created, or that it was complete jargon and not written to the drive correctly. My first guess is that I should have deleted them from the JSS ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors