Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NetBoot Issues..

I've created a NetBoot image for my newer 10.8.3 machines to boot to but when I NetBoot them I see a circle with a line through it. I've seen this before and creating a new nbi from the newest machine has seemed to fix the problem. All lower models i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-enrolling machine with quickadd

When I re-enroll a machine by pushing out quickadd to machines that are enrolled (changing managment account and casper server) I get errors is there a better way to do this? The installer reported: 2013-05-10 08:41:15.776 installer[540:6003] Package...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Drive as an AD home folder

Hey everyone! Looking for anyone who has had experience making this work. We are looking at all options to make AD mount a students Drive (folder) as their main home folder. We are also open to this being done directly, or through an intermediate ser...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing VPN Profiles using Self Service

Our company is a support company. It's difficult to keep up with all the VPN settings for all of our different clients so we've devised a way to install the VPN profiles on the Mac using Self Service. It's not full proof, and requires a small amount ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Capable Showing "No"

Hey all,We just noticed an issue where clients who have an MDM profile and are running 10.7.5 or later are showing up in the JSS as MDM Capable No.It does't seem to affect the machine as profile management will continue to queue up any changes to be ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

APN issue

Currently, we are able to create configuration profiles and have them pushed to computers outside of the network but not to computers that are on our internal network. I assume that this means that we have an issue with APNs connecting to our interna...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving JSS into the DMZ

Hey there, best community in the world: We have Casper set up on our internal network, everything working pretty much as we like it. The request now is to make Self Service available to our users outside our network. I've read the article at https://...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Appending to users PATH variable.

Hi All Just looking for some guidance on the above. I have an application that I have packaged but it requires the users $PATH variable to be edited. Just wondering how to go about doing this. I don't want to export my packaging machines .profile and...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FreeBSD JSS

I just thought I'd throw it out there that I got the JSS installed and working on FreeBSD 9. I'm not sure why FreeBSD isn't a supported OS...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated deployment process and net boot

Hi... we are moving all our things from Deploystudio to casper... i had the jumpstart a year ago... and for some reason we are starting only now to configure everything... a few things are going out of my mind now... basically at the end, we want the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Netboot Issue - MBP

I am working with 10.7.5 Netboot image on a Mac Book Pro - Using the Casper Netboot Automator Action 1.1 - I created the netbook image and restart the machine from the Netboot Image It restarts - and goes into the Lion Setup Assistant and ICloud - as...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling iTunes iOS File Sharing

Does anybody know of any ways of stopping file access (iOS app USB file sharing) in iTunes other than disabling usbmuxd? Are there any MCX/config profile methods of doing this? cheers Matt  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope to Computer in AD group?

Out of the box you can scope a policy to USERS in an AD group.Does anyone know of a way to scope a policy to a computer that is a part of an Active Directory Group or OU?I have the pleasure of being in a Windows-Dominated Alteris-Driven infrastructur...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Splunk and Casper

Using Splunk with Casper Casper reports are great, but I soon realized are too much work to run, open in excel and make pretty graphs that management could understand. With that said I decided to implement splunk. I am by no means a splunk expert but...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 8.7 Installer for Windows

Hello, I'm trying to update to JSS 8.7 but in the last Installation step it stops with this error: "There was an error installing the JSS, please check the JSSInstaller.log located at C:WindowsTemp":: -------------------Tomcat7 Logs Configuration----...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installer error message, please help

I'm attempting to install lightroom 4 on an imac running with Mac OS X version 10.5.8 and I am receiving this message: Operation could not be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Enterprise Vault

Anyone tried to deploy Symantec's Enterprise Vault using their default installer package? I have (I typically create untested installs as Self Service policies and try them manually). The policy failed, but it looks like the installer was trying to b...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Save the Date: October 15-17, 2013. #JNUC

The dates are set and the planning has begun! We'll be posting much more info on the website in the coming weeks, and the registration page will be available in June. For now, it's time to start spreading the word and get the conversations going. We'...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reimage and ReInstall Policies?

Hello, I have a question on how to deal with reimaging our Macs. I have found that if I reimage a computer, policies assigned to that computer are not being rerun. I am assuming that is because the policy is defined with a frequency of "Once per comp...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Enrolled account

Whats the easiest way to get a smartgroup of the machines enrolled with the wrong user name. I don't see a way to do a smartgroup off that.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 14.3.4 Update is out.

http://www.cultofmac.com/226575/microsofts-office-2011-for-mac-gets-new-update-office-365-compatibility/ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2830450 According to the M$ page it will install on anything 14.1.x or higher.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

_MASReceipt folder and iPhoto themes

Hi all I recently made some renamed the /Applications/appname.app/_MASReceipt folder on our machines so that the app store versions of the iLife suite could update using our internal software update server. Since doing so, users can no longer print p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

database.xml wt moment

JSS 8.62 running on Centos with MySQL 5.1. Today our JSS broke. The message that came up on attempting to restart the tomcat process insisted that we had to give a different username than normal permission to access the JSS database. Investigating th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper failures with CrashPlan PROe uninstall script

So I have the strangest issues that I really hope that someone can answer. I have created a policy in Casper that just runs the uninstall bash script that is in the Uninstal.app from CrashPlan PROe client. Casper flags it as failed even though it rem...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configurations - Casper Admin

Is there a way to make the configurations permissions based? I've made a test config in Casper Admin but I don't want everyone to see it in Casper Imaging, better yet deploy it. Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors