Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Version 7 > Smart Groups ... Compound Searching?

Hiya.. Anyway of searching Smart Groups?I have Smart Groups based on Dept / Laptop or Desktop / RAM / Certain Apps /HW configs, etc ... The list goes on as creative as you wish.Love to be able to search inside and poll two or more SmartGroups ..Somet...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

question about policies with cached pkgs

So, if I want to cache a certain package out to all my clients, and then install from cache, but at the same time I want pre and post shell scripts to run, how exactly does this work? I haven't used package caching too much and from what I gather is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"du: : No such file or directory" in backup emails

We have setup the backup schedule in the JSS Setup Utility to send emails when the backups are complete. We also have it set to save x amount of days of backups. But, when the emails come out, under the section with the previous backups we see these ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging Errors

I am seeing a some errors with Casper Imaging v7, that have just croppedup in the last few hours, and I am at a loss on how to resolve them... When netbooting a machine with a Casper NetInstall image, Casper Imagingopens and one of two things happens...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

lpadmin script

Hello, Can someone help me figure this script out? I am trying to setup rights for my network mobile users and they don't have rights to add printers.But I found some help from apple that would let local and network users to add printers without bein...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 install with base image

We have created CS4 package using vendor dmg and we can push the package via Casper remote to a client without any issues, but when we deploy it with the base image to a macbook pro it installs fine and then after the reboots it shows a big padlock i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

printers not adding, not binding to domain with script

I am getting spotty results with printers not being added and machines not being joined to the domain when those options are specifically set in Casper Imaging. We are using Centrify for joining AD, not the magic triangle. So we are running a script ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pro apps

HiWe'll be introducing a couple of Pro apps courses in our Apple lab in October and I was wondering what methods those of you already running such courses were using for user management, and if there are any Casper 'gotchas' I should be aware of. To ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

casper 7 netboot image kernal panic if image is quit

Before I go and re-do my netboot image.... has anyone seen where you get a kernel panic of you try to quit our of Casper imaging 7 while net booted? I used to quit out of imaging 6 all the time to access other apps via the terminal (which should come...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS4 deployment error

When we push the CS4 package from our distribution server I get thiserror "Download package could not be verified" I can push other softwarefrom that same distribution server to same client machine without anyissue... I can also push the package from...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding Settings

Hello, We bind our macs to active directory, and they are all 10.4. We have binding settings in Casper that does the following: Directory Access to 'Create mobile account at login', 'Force local home directory on startup disk', and 'Use UNC path from...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web based Self Service

Is anybody using the web version of Self Service? The client I get to work perfectly. I was looking into using the web based one for computers not yet in database and have the quick add package in there to add them. The web one always says no authori...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution point error

After netboot a system to casper imaging, we fill out the info and thenwe select one of our distribution server to image a machine from butthen we get an error that "The distribution Point could not bemounted....... This server was working fine when ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2008 update package

We have downloaded the MS office 2008 12.2.0 udate and dragged the mpkg fileinto Casper admin for deployment; however, when deploying it we get anerror as follows: anybody has any idea what we doing wrong here? /usr/sbin/jamf is version 7.0Executing ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to package MS Office 2008 update

We have downloaded the MS Office 2008 update 12.2.0 from MS site anddragged the mpkg file to Casper Admin for deployment, but when we deploythe update on to a test machine it errors out: The install failed (Theinstaller could not install the software...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seattle?

Anyone going to training in Seattle next week? -LAUREN NICHOLASUser Support Analyst - Hurd Campus Center for Information Technology - CIT Moravian College adjunct prof | graphic design & musicph. 610 861 1633lpnicholas at moravian.edu  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network users not getting User template applied

When I image a computer and enter username and password for a mobile user,it doesn't apply the user template for preferences and whatnot. I havetriple checked that the box is checked to Fill User Templates in the admin,I know it is copying to the use...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual-Boot partitioning

I'm working with Casper Imaging version 7 and the Casper Admin tool allows you to set second partitions for Dual-Boot. You can set a size and % of drive. then a Winclone image for that 2nd partition.However, I don't see a way in Casper Imaging (when ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS3/Adobe Acrobat Pro now asks for Admin Password

Hi, Ok I'm new to Casper and have not had much success so far. Much of thiswas down to the new Leopard server installation, which I have nowresolved with a complete re install. I had problems with the Adobe CS3 package, which I thought I'd resolved. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Open Directory Problems

Hello all. I have recently been using Casper's account settings to bind thecomputers in one of our labs to both Active and Open Directory. AD bindingis going flawlessly, however when we bind a computer to OD any managedpreferences enforced at the use...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS4

Ok I have asked this a few time now. Jamfsoftware ahs responded but still to no avail. I am trying to install CS4 Web Premium. It all seems to work with the exception of Distiller. I won't launch without an admin ID. I have followed some directions b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OD script not in scripts folder?

For some reason, my OD binding script stopped working... I looked in thelogs and I found this: The script does not exist in the Scripts folder. I looked... and of course, it's there, exactly where it should be. Anyideas why it would stop working? -LA...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall script

Hi- Is it assumable that by removing all the files in http://www.jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=038 in addition to Self Service, the machine will be successfully un-managed and Casper removed? j---Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Infrastructure ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2008 package

We have created MS office 2008 package which works fine but when youcheck for updates we get the error message below. Toufiq YakoobCTS (Client Technical Services)Sears Holdings Corporation Information Technology,3333 Beverly Rd., Hoffman Estates, IL ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

casper 7 and netinstall problem

Dear all since I have Casper 7, the machines I netinstall are unmanaged, so I need to go to the JSS web and enable the management and username/ password Could it be this something I have to enable somewhere on the web? thanks in advance cheers Carmel...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 7 webcast posted

Just wanted to let you know that we've have received and posted the archive for download from the June 16th Casper 7 webcast. http://www.macenterprise.org/webcasts Lance OgletreeMacEnterprise, Inc  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Package

We have package the Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 which requires logout soafter the vendor cd install it gave us message to logout and I did it. Iwas able to relaunch composer and capture the rest. Only thing that didnot work or show up is the live update ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capturing initial setup

Hi- I need to make some documentation for some new deployment technicians. Ideally, it would include screenshots as it will involve using the migration assistant. Is there any way to screen capture the initial setup? I tried the regular keyboard shor...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors