Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Marine Corps Jamf admins

Happy Monday morning all, With JNUC starting tomorrow, I was wondering of there are any other Marines that have transitioned out of the Corps into Jamf admins? if so, let me know, I created a braindate for jamf so we can shoot the proverbial bull 1 d...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

White Screen

I am trying to accept VPP Invitations for an eBook. I have done this for the last several years without issue. When I accept the invitation, self service goes to a white screen. When I click on the browser icon, I get this screen: Any thoughts?  View more

IMG_3707.JPG
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Should we block Peer-to-Peer ?

Our security team have asked me to look into blocking Peer-to-Peer on our Macs. They want to prevent a possible attacker from jumping Macs using this service/protocol if one Mac gets hacked/infected.I'm not familiar with how P2P is implemented in mac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

About Script

Hi guys,I saw a script and the script is below. May I know what this script do? And can I add this script in jamf pro? Do I need to change any values or parameters in it before adding into jamf pro? Can you guys plz help me?https://github.com/jamf/Ja...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to force update?

Hi guys,May I know how to forcely update the software update or security updates into users system, if the user is not installing the latest version? Is there any option like that if jamf pro? If yes, Can you tell me how to deploy or configure it in ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using Jamf2Snipe?

Hi all,We're piloting Snipe-IT in our environment and we're trying to automate as much of the asset collection as possible. I found Jamf2Snipe a couple of days ago (https://github.com/ParadoxGuitarist/jamf2snipe/) and got it working, but as soon as I...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Recording Permission but App Not in List?

Never run into this before, but we are seeing with "Class for Zoom" app (bundle ID com.classedu.classforzoom) in Catalina and Big Sur. Local admin user running Class just fine, can allow camera and mic when prompted by app, but when attempting to scr...  View more

cboatwright_0-1634332143753.png cboatwright_1-1634332160809.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ublock configuration profile whitelist urls

Hi, Can someone provide a plist that can be used as a baseline for UBlocker Origin extension whitelisting? It has been a huge struggle to put one together. essentially, we are trying to push only whitelisting of URLs for the extension in chrome.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding Failed Login Attempts

For auditing purposes - is there a way to find failed login attempts on a Catalina or BigSur machine? It looks like there used to be, but no longer works as that info is now being hidden.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Configuration Profile Results in Error

I'm trying to deploy a new configuration profile that contains settings for kernel extensions, system extensions and privacy policy. When it attempts to push out JAMF results in an error:-[__NSCFConstantString objectForKeyedSubscript:]: unrecognized ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP app licenses not applying to devices

I've had an issue crop up today where devices (specifically iOS devices) are not getting VPP licenses assigned to them when an app is in scope. I've confirmed we have thousands of extra licenses available but each device is stuck in this state:Pendin...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Script to dynamically rename a Macbook

Hello,First time posting here, just want to start by saying thank you to everyone for your contributions, I've scoured this forum for a long time.My current issue that I haven't been able to find any solution for is dynamically renaming our Macbooks....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 Reporting Different Partitions Enabled

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior? We are enabling filvault via Jamf Pro policy with a require filevault at next login. We are seeing cases where jamf reports some machines as having only the boot partition encrypted and others wher...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prevent account from logging in without disabling?

Does anyone know of a way to prevent a specific local user account from logging in at the login screen without disabling the account? I'd still like this account to be able to accept authentication prompts from other accounts and su to them in termin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script

Hi Team,If I need to add script in jamf pro, how can I add? and how to download the script from apple website?How to add security updates in jamf pro?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for Mgmt/Local Admin accounts

We recently learned that our student population somehow got the jamf mgmt account password. We want to switch to randomized passwords but we also use the mgmt account for working on the machine when admin priv is required. So obviously that will no l...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Upgrade package

Hello, I have a policy that deploys our VPN client (Global Protect), we need to upgrade the PKG version quiet often. What is the process? Can I create a new package and change the policy to that new package? Will Jamf detect this is an update and pus...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"FortiTray" would like to add VPN configurations

Hello!I am building a package to install FortiClient vpn (the free vpn standalone client) for our users.After several tests, a policy authorizing the security extension is indeed present and allows to avoid blocking it during installation, but a popu...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Upload Certificate

Hello,I have a couple of certificates provided to me by Netskope, one root certificate and one intermediate. I created a configuration profile and uploaded both certificates via the certificate payload. The root certificate installs to Keychain with ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forced to update Student iPad

This morning while migrating a student using a Managed apple id from a broken ipad to a new iPad I was forced to update the iPad to iOS 15.0.2. I have noticed a couple of concerning items. Number one that some of the apps do not have the correct icon...  View more

IMG_3F4F61DC8AE5-1.jpeg
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM invitations.

We just started receiving ASM invitations. Why all of a sudden? What can we do to not get these? THese devices were already in ASM and JAMF Pro but after restore of OS it is now the norm.Any help or ideas welcomed. Randy  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certificate Deployment Expiration Issue

Hey Jamf people! We are having a weird issue with our GlobalProtect certificate deployments. We have deployed the certificate to our endpoints 10 days prior to expiration to make sure we don't have any expirations (leads to p0 outages). This time is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors