Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

New system extensions for Bitdefender

Hi, Bitdefender has activated a new web content control module in the Endpoint Security app, which now results in the end user having to approve a system extension. I have tried to add the below approved system extensions in a config profile, but the...  View more

6b42e3c30505441eab1e659278888a7f 9fba3e8b66b3436c96f78fcee6b02df5 26a12bf75dad4641bf1f8aed8e852c70
  • 47 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP enrolled ipad not being supervised

Hello, I have a few Ipad that I have in my Business manager. Like, their serial numbers are appearing in my inventory, and they are assigned to my jamf MDM. Though they don't seem to be enrolled in the apple business manager at all.When reset they st...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NWEA accessibility settings for Catalina/Big Sur

Hello, I am looking for a solution for the accessibility settings that the NWEA testing app asks for after installation from self service. I have created a package using composer for both Catalina and Big Sur and placed them in self service. The apps...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Ports Vulnerable

Recently, my network team blocked Jamf ports ( 8443 AND 137,138,139 AND 443) stating to be Vulnerable. SMB ports needs to be blocked. 8443 I use to access my Jamf portal and also , many Mac machines enrolled via Jamf URL (user initiated enrolment pro...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Standard account to Admin account

Hi There, I am using ongoing policy to have Admin account on all MacBook in my organisation that has frequency of everyday. The account is made manually sometimes and also I have made an another policy to make local admin account. What happened, one ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MDM command for managed applications (Big Sur)

Hello, Do you know if the new MDM command for managed applications with big Sur is implemented in Jamf or if it will be in future releases? App managementApp management in previous macOS versions is a far cry from the experience in iOS. For instance,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute with Network Segment help

I am trying to make an extension attribute to report which network segment a device is in for reporting to a "search inventory" report. Since you cannot really report on JAMFs network segments in settings in any meaningful way I am trying an extensio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect: Okta vs AzureAD ?

I've had Jamf Connect Login / Sync v1.x configured with Okta IDP since inception ~1.5 to 2 years ago. As I'm looking to roll out Jamf Connect 2.x now I wanted to check with the community if there are any pros/cons of AzureAD over Okta as an IDP? Give...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Full Disk Access

I need to get a way to automate the full disk access and accept incoming network connections... I can't seem to drag/drop the required files into the jamf PPPC util. Is there a simple-ish way to set it up on a device per the doc and then export the i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

View software by 'Publisher'

Is there a way to pull an inventory of all machines that have any software installed by a publisher (which would have multiple potential applications)?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfcloud down?

Is jamfcloud down for everyone else? According to isitdown, it is...I can't ping or anything.Just wanna make sure it's not just me. NVM, it's back up now...  View more

847aecba9ed540a4bdb930bf84d2f44e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with a computer rename script

I've been using this script for the last year and it's worked fine, but is now failing with the following error.We get the username from the computer record in Jamf Pro as well as the model, truncate the model name (so MacBookPro16,1 becomes MacBookP...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Age Reporting

I have looked through everything that my searches have shown on how to get the age or manufacturing year of Mobile Devices. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find how to get this information using Jamf's reporting. Has anyone been able to gather...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

LogMeIn installation on BIG Sur

Hello Jamf Nation, We have been having a really hard time silently installing LogMeIn as the Extension pop ups are still appearing despite adding all the necessary PPPC, System ExtensionS We have a policy setup that Installs the Client with the follo...  View more

5759b6c55463477786b953afd9926f42
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying macOS Updates in a Big Sur world?

I feel like we've finally got a handle on application patch management (unfortunately only using Jamf Patch Management for reporting...but that's another thread) and now we're turning the focus toward macOS. With Apple no longer releasing downloadabl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Filevault

Hi All, we have our setup the following: Automated Device Enrolment (creates Local Admin Account)Jamf Login - O365 - all users are standard users. Policy to set FileVault at next logout. This is set by a policy defined in 'Policies'. I am now getting...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silent Mobile to Local Account conversion?

I'm looking for a script that will silently convert a Mobile Account to a Local account, leave AD inplace and make the user admin. Rich Trouton's script is great but requires input. However I have edited it to remove the section that unbinds from AD ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Protect vs Sophos

Hey guys I am currently looking into our renewal of Sophos Anti-Virus. We currently role this out for mac and windows but was wondering if any of you guys have used both Jamf protect over Sophos  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limited Help Desk Access

I was looking into ways to get our help desk limited access to JAMF for some read-only or low impact actions - like finding a FileVault 2 Recovery Key or unlocking a locked local user account. What do you allow your 1st level techs access to in JAMF ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Program Would Like to Filter Network Content pop-up

I have run into an issue with two programs now. Carbon Black (on premise) and Pulse Secure. Both programs include a network filter. I have instructions for each of them from the Vendor. They both include a Privacy Preferences Policy Control, System E...  View more

086a57de45cc4879899979ed7bedb022
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

TableauDesktop Registration

Team, guys can you help me with having an issue with automatic Tableau Desktop Registration for multiple users. Trying to follow document from Tableau but it couldn't help. Need your suggestions on this. https://help.tableau.com/current/desktopdeploy...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem Configuring Jamf Infrastructure Manager

Looking for advice setting up a JIM on Ubuntu. I get the following when trying to enroll the JIM. WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurredWARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.google.gson.internal.reflect.UnsafeReflectionAcces...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Record Mac Activity to Generate CPU Usage Report

Hi, I'm wanting to track the CPU/RAM usage for certain users. I want to see if our Sophos Endpoint Security is spiking in its usage of the computers and know if it's possibly slowing down the engineers who work on our software. I saw a program called...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profiles not removing

I have a few machines that won't remove config profiles when removed from scope. In the management tab commands show pending. MDM says running or not available on the client (hugely helpful). Renewing the MDM stays at pending. Logs just show command ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

IOS update 14.3 on ipads...

I work for a school and we recently had the 14.3 update, some of the apps have disappeared off the ipad screen, when you go to self service it says reinstall on the app but it wont reinstall, it will however let me install new apps...I have had sever...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors