Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

10.10.5 + Casper Imaging

I know I've come across a few threads in regards to imaging with Yosemite, but we have yet to find a resolution to our problem. We just got delivery of 2000 MacBook Airs (MacBookAir7,1) that shipped with 10.10.5. After the client is imaged we're seei...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Pro and Air flash storage firmware update

I saw that there are updates for both the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air flash storage firmware. Apple Support - Flash Storage Firmware 1.0 How do you determine the current firmware version installed on the notebook? Is there an easy way to create a "sm...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirDrop in 10.10 - how to disable?

It's come to my attention that the old ways of disabling AirDrop file sharing: defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser DisableAirDrop -bool YES no longer works. This now returns: defaults[17195:855346] Could not write domain /Library/Preferences/com....  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences Stopped working

Running OS 10.10.4 with JSS 9.73. I have a few managed preferences that seemed to be working fine. I installed PaperCut and ran the "install-login-hook.command" so as to make PaperCut to start up and have the user not be able to quit it. Would that h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy won't load in JSS

I have a policy in my console, that when I click on it, it just spins trying to load. If I change the "o" option to U in the URL, it still spins. If I change it to L I get the logs fine. How can I delete this policy from the console since it's bad? I...  View more

c24c3b13d7a947408cc30d75b72a55b7 0b4798bd21044a30b236735504c52d45
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleIDAuthAgent

All, I've got machines that are being imaged and once they boot and get to the login screen a pop-up pops up. It says that the AppleIDAuthAgent want to use the login keychain. This happens before any user has logged into it, so I surmise that its got...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration 14027 lake city way, ne, seattle

Hello. I’ve got a problem that is solvable, but I’m trying to figure out the “best way”. The Problem: We have a VPN connection that uses PPTP. Configuring it via a configuration works fine, but I need to be able to add a search domain to the PPTP VPN...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing checkin

I am doing testing and I don't want to wait for the recurring checkin trigger to time out. Is there a command that forces a checkin right now?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

caching stop when mac goes to standby or sleep

Hi all i set up a policy of caching OS X Yosemite.InstallESD.dmg, during to this dmg file is big enough, it usually takes over 15 mins to complete caching at user end. i found when user Mac goes to sleep, it will stop caching the dmg file. is there a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS 10.10.5 support

Hey All, We are running casper 9.65 (we prefer to NOT run the latest versions of software) - and we are testing 10.10.5 (we might have to run the latest version in the instance because of the security fixes) We have discovered a multitude of issues w...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.65 + 10.10.5 = being dragged over broken glass

Are you daring? Are you adventurous? Do you like to base jump off short buildings? Do you walk (not run) over red hot flaming coals? Do you like to crash into a brick wall at 100MPH+ without a seat belt on? Do you use a four digit iPhone security cod...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get Policy stats from the Api?

I have a policy that has been running for quite some time. I was hoping to be able to monitor it using the Api. Using https:///apiFrontPage.rest I am able to get some info regarding the policy. What I would really like to get would be a list of the f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Password not recognized on reboot

I've read many different threads in the forum regarding FV2 not syncing with AD or a previous local account passwords, but what I'm experiencing is different. 10.10.5 MBA 11" I encountered this issue with one machine after I enabled FV2 from JSS self...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Api account with Api only privileges?

Is there a way to create an Api account and give it only Api permissions? I want to have an account that can not actually log into the Admin console. Is that even possible? Some of the permissions are a little odd. For what its worth I am running JSS...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Create Multiple Network Locations

I am looking for a script to assist in creating multiple network locations and apply automatic proxy configuration settings to one specific location after imaging location nps - apply automatic proxy ".xxx.paclocation non-nps will receive no auto pro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profile fails install if SSID isn't ready?

We're changing our wireless key and to prepare, I'm using Tim Sutton's excellent script (https://github.com/timsutton/make-profile-pkg) to package and deploy the new config before the cutover. Using this same method, the package installs the profile ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit policy to Ethernet isn't working

If I limit a policy by setting "Network Connection" to "Ethernet", like this:then the policy isn't visible in Self Service, neither for a MacPro (built-in Ethernet) nor for a MacBook Pro (Thunderbolt Ethernet). If I set "Network Connection" to "Any",...  View more

2fa5182a5267476297f44a51a9187d67
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing a new flash based screensaver

I have been tasked to get our SWF file screensaver that is being used currently in our windows computers to be replicated over to the Macs. Does anyone know if this is possible? I know there are programs out there that can make them into a screensave...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing local admin account name and password?

I need to change the local admin account's name and password. What is the best practice for this? I was thinking about creating a policy with a new local admin account with the new account name and new password. Once that has been pushed out and veri...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

serial number date code

This is not a Casper question but has anyone figured out how to parse the new serial number format to get the date of mfg out of it? Thanks much.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Support for iBooks format

Hi All, Trying to provision an iBooks format file to an iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.4.1 and having no success. I pulled the following from the iOS device console log. iBooks Author files may only be installed on an iPad. iOS 8.4.1 does have support for i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors