Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Moving Users from Casper 8 to Casper 9 with FV2

We need to move users from Casper 8 server to Casper 9 server and be able to transfer individual file vault key. Has anyone successfully done this with 10.8 machines? When we move the machines over we lose the FV2 Recovery key, we tried to run script...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPkgr Issues

Started using AutoPkgr after the JNUC this year and I'm running into a problem where my smartgroup for any software isn't accurate. I created a static group called Testing put a couple computers in it and then I run the AutoPkgr it creates the group ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LaunchDaemon conflict

Hi Folks, I have written a launchdaemon and I believe it is executing on first boot. However, I would like to wait until the second boot, as first boot after Casper Imaging, Casper is running its own tasks and I suspect the system is being restarted ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Austin/Central Texas Folks, I know you're out there…

Trying to get an idea of who the other Austin/Central Texas Casper users are out there. Business/government/education/etc. I ran into a few people at the JNUC that said to be Austin-based but I didn't see you at our User Group meetup so I'm intereste...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 14.4.5 Update - Quits Chrome?

Has anyone else seen the new Office 14.4.5 update quit out of Google Chrome without warning? I just added the Microsoft distributed package directly to Casper Admin and created a policy to push out on the recurring trigger. As soon as it begins, with...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting all login items with a particular property...

I want to delete a login item via an osascript bash script. I know how to do that if I know the name of the login item. But I would like to be able to say "delete all login items that are mounted volumes" and I haven't been able to find the syntax to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 individual recovery key - self service

Hi all, We are just starting the deployment of Casper Suite. A great feature is Filevault configuration deployment, but I would like to create a self-service portal so that users could get their individual recovery key in case of need. In CasperSuite...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

mountNetworkShare.sh issue parameter

I am trying to use the parameter function for my mountNetworkShare script in Casper. But when i add the share in parameter 8 in de JSS, the script wont accept it for some reason. When i add the variable directly to the script, it will work without a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating from mobile accounts to local accounts

Yes I know, the opposite of what most people are looking to do. My environment uses edirectory (not my choice before anyone comments on this), and the plug-in for replicating AD bound machines for it is buggy at best. I'd like to move all users off m...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Policy Title Font Size

Hi all, I feel like I should know how to do this, but how do I make the title font size larger when it is being viewed in Self Service? On the same note, what about font color and/or type? Is this all html code?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers changing host name en masse?

Has anyone come across this before, or know what might cause this? I have Macs constantly changing their host names back to "localhost", even with a policy I have set up to change it back to what's in the JSS (9.6, and started happening prior to upda...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help for Custom pop-up message

Hi All - I was wondering if there is a code/script for pop-up message/alert that will indicate what software he/she has installed after the installation completes from self-service? Example, i install a couple of apps from the self-service and forgot...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Logins (slow)

Like many folks, I've just discovered how wonderfully slow AD bound macs can be. I've tried unchecking the option to "allow authentication from any domain in the forest". Is there any way to shorten the timeout period? It looks like there used to be ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Printers on OS X with iBeacons

Based on a bunch of feedback we got at JNUC2014, I created a video and support doc on how to use our beacons to set up automatic printer configuration. Feedback welcomed and encouraged: https://twocanoes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203081205-Managi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling iCloud setting?

Ran across this article:http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/11/critics-chafe-as-macs-send-sensitive-docs-to-icloud-without-warning/ And we are discussing if this is enough of a reason to lock down iCloud on our apple products. I am looking through c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Account Authentication Issues

I've been running into authentication issues with Casper Remote with machines I've been re-enrolling and re-imaging lately. A bit of background info - we created a QuickAdd installer back at version 9.3-something with a local admin as the management ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

jss-api Ruby Gem with Casper 9.61 will require Ruby 1.9.2+

Hi All, If you're using the open-source Ruby gem I presented at JNUC 2014, please note that once you upgrade to Casper 9.61, the current version of the gem (0.5.5) will error out when it tries to connect to the Casper API. The reason is that Casper 9...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging / Deploying WINE-wrapped applications.

I was wondering if anyone was packaging and deploying WINE-wrapped (or Play-On Mac wrapped) applications. My company is currently using Citrix Receiver to host applications, I'm thinking of trying to wrap the apps and offer them through Self Service....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing desktop settings with PlistBuddy

I'm using a modified version of Rich Trouton's first_boot script to test a bunch of configurations for a new Yosemite build. At the moment I'm having a problem with PlistBuddy and changing some desktop defaults. It seems that the first two settings i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Vunerability

For anyone questioning if they should run admin or indeed needs a reason to suggest they shouldn't allow there users to run admin http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/mac-software/swedish-hacker-finds-serious-vulnerability-in-os-x-yosemite-3583723/ Particu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inspiration 9 and Self Service

We are attempting to put our "site licensed" version of Inspiration 9 on Self Service(9.6) so we can make available for our students. I made a package and a .dmg with Casper Composer(9.6) but both failed. I punched in all of the "serial numbers" on t...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors