Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Deploying Pages, Keynote and Numbers?

Hello again JAMF. VPP will not work for the situation I'm in. I would love to use it, but can't I followed these instructions to install Pages, Keynote, Garageband, iMovie and Numbers. I've got the .pkgs and all that. But run into an issue when using...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Config Profiles to local users

Hey all, I work in a small school district & I'm working on our new images (10.7 for WhiMacs & 10.10 for all of the aluminum models) for deployment this summer. I was hoping to start using configuration profiles a little more heavily. We tried doing ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are we suppose to image the "New Macbook"

Image over USB, Wireless? shudders USB-C port with support for:ChargingUSB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps)Native DisplayPort 1.2 video outputVGA output using USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter (sold separately)HDMI video output using USB-C Digital AV Multiport Ada...  View more

• 97 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locked iPad - student has done a runner!

We have a institutional owned supervised student iPad, which is locked with an Apple ID we don't know the password to. I enrolled this iPad using DEP. Anyway I can get this wiped and usable again by someone else? Thanks  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

setTimeServer etc/ntp.conf doesn't exist ???

I am using the setTimeServer.sh script provided by JAMF. When I look in /etc/ is see ntp.conf and when i vi ntp.conf it says in the file ; server time.apple.com i'm on the east coast and it is set to west coast time and Cupertino, CA time zone all ot...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN interfering with JSS

We have noticed that our students are using VPNs to bypass the web filter. This has become a larger issue because it is also interfering with communication from the JSS and the find my iPhone feature of iCloud. How can we use the JSS to prevent users...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reboot after Recon runs on logout

Hello, thank you for looking at my post. I have been working on the issue with /Private/Var/Folders growing in size. I took another members advice and am currently using this script: #!/bin/sh userList=`dscl . list /Users UniqueID | awk '$2 > 1000 {p...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

new macs

So the new 15" MBPro won't get the new touchpad and no USB-C, seems... odd. 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 memory 128GB PCIe-based flash storage1 Intel Iris Graphics 6100 Built-in battery (10 hours)2 Force ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to add certificates in PayLoad under OS X

Hi, Since we've upgraded to Casper 9.65 I cannot upload certificates to use in the network payload for example in OS X (in any browser) After selecting the cert and clicking upload I immediately receive the error "Unable to complete file upload. File...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP screwed up after upgrading JSS to 9.64

Hi, We recently upgraded JSS Casper server to 9.64. JSS Casper is running on Windows 2008 R2 server. The upgrade went well expect LDAP issues where we are unable to add any new LDAP user into JSS for access delegation. When we try adding LDAP user ac...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install iOS apps without iTunes account

To get it out of the way, I'm not under any NDA. Apple reps are actively leaking (with permission I'm sure) that coming this fall we will be able to install apps on iOS devices without the end user needing an iTunes account. My guess is this is in re...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMFHelper from Check in hanging script.

I have a script that calls either/both Terminal-Notifier and jamfhelper. When running via SS or via command line (jamf policy -event workdammit) it works fine. But when called from 'check in' the Terminal-Notifier and jamfhelper lines hang. Looking a...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find iOS version

When using Advanced Mobile Device Searches .. is there a way to filter and find which devices are below a certain iOS version?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] How to handle machines that don't check in

How do y'all handle machines that don't check in? In a large company like ours, we have constant turn over - user's/manager putting former employees machines in their desk drawers until a new employee is hired, lost, stolen, damaged, "borrowed to use...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FREAK Attack Vulnerability

FYI SSL/TLS vulnerability: https://freakattack.com Chrome is already patched so suggest you update. Safari patch should be available this week. There are also tools to test if HTTPS server is vulnerable. I will check my JSS and post results back. Apo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

sidebarlists.plist

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas of the easiest way to push out a generic sidebarlists.plist so all network users will grab this at login? Having some issues mapping 10.10.2 to sidebar folders and I can manually tick the boxes which fi...  View more

11be9686d7014526a399b2642a0f9c2b
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

New JAMFnation login issue

Since the upgraded interface was introduced I cannot log into JAMFnation with either Firefox or Chrome, Safari works fine, but the other two, nothing...Chrome just stays exactly as it was after clicking login i.e. on the login screen with the details...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 assistance

We have about 550 active macs in our envorinment and we use fileVault to ensure they are safe. We used to use file vault 1 back in the day but moved to FV2 individual when it came out. It was decided at the time that individual was better. The proble...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

FYI unlockAddPrinters.sh broken on 10.10

I've been using this script to add the ability to add and remove printers for standard users. It's basically just adding the user group "everyone" to the lpadmins group. I've found that it stopped working when 10.10 came out. The offending code in th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10.2 updater includes silent firmware updater

Well, interesting post by @Banks on AFP 548. Looks like the 10.10.2 updater also includes a "silent" firmware updater: https://www.afp548.com/2015/03/05/thunderstrike-need-to-know/ The downside to this is, if you re-image a machine to 10.10.2, rather...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors