Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

$3 parameter username

I have a syntax issue I am hoping someone can help me with... I am trying to write to $HOME/fubar upon user login with a BASH script ran as a policy within JAMF. I was thinking that $3 would return a username of the user logging in (lets say the loca...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

User initiated software request

I think Self Service is a great place to have users request software that is not available in their Self Service, whether it be software that isn't in the repository or software that hasn't been scoped to them. I was wondering what are some tips, tri...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to update from JSS v9.21 to v9.22 - Tomcat error

I'm attempting to update the JSS from v9.21 to v9.22 on a Windows 2008 R2 (SP1) Server without success. The JSS Installer runs until the 'Upgrading web app and starting Tomcat 7 service...' stage and then produces an error: 'There was an error instal...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS hidden account

Hello everyone! New to the JAMF family. I integrated my JSS with AD and it was working great until I changed my AD password, we now have an account setup for it that the password doesn't expire however, I cannot get into my JSS. I am wondering if the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible Bug:Autorun Data-9.21

Does anyone else experience the same response when you do the following? On the web console for your JSS - View the list of your devices.When you click on the device name your screen switches to the details of the computer.When you hit "Done" the scr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Splitting a Fusion Drive

We need to split our Fusion Drives because DeepFreeze doesn't work. Has anyone had success using 'diskutil coreStorage' terminal while netbooted to Casper Imaging 8.7? My goal is: netboot to Casper Imaging 8.7; launch the terminal app inside Casper I...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

trigger every15 via terminal

I recently upgraded from CasperSuite 8.7x to 9.22. Previously, I had a Self Service policy that did nothing more than run the following command:sudo jamf policy -trigger every15 Occasionally, this came in handy. However, the above command no longer s...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who imaged a Mac? Email when finished?

Does anyone know of a way to send an email to the person who started the imaging process when it is finished? I could easily come up with a script that sends an email and include it in the configuration to run at reboot. But I just have no idea how t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Script to calculate user disk use

I just finished a simple script to help users find top level offending folders in their user directory when they get the "Low Disk Space" warnings. Love those SSDs, but that warning is more frequent now. This script uses du to get the data and requir...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Enroll AppleTV

I'm trying to enroll 20 AppleTVs via Configurator. I've called Apple support 3 times on the issue, each time the phone call lasts over an hour and I have to end the call to do other things. Still no resolution. Here's the scenario: When you plug the ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login script command run as user not working anymore.

Setting the following variable to gather the user logging in and utilizing it via sudo used to work. The command now reports the console user as root. I have no idea when the behavior changed. When I setup the script initially it was working fine. Th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem connecting to the server at boot

Hello - I'm a newb to the Casper world... we've added our first few enrollees to the suite but are now getting a message when the user first logs in stating "There was a problem connecting to the server. Check the server name or IP address..." Howeve...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

San Diego Area JAMF User Group

Anyone in the San Diego area that's using the JAMF Casper Suite to manage your Mac OS X or iOS devices please contact me. I'm looking at setting up monthly meetings to discuss tips and issues. jason.bush (at) viasat (dot) com  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create user account with no password via Policy?

I've been searching for an answer to this for a bit now - my apologies if this has been already asked and answered. I used to be able to create local accounts via policy and use a blank password, definitely in the 8.x JSS and likely in early 9.x buil...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT Netbooting from Mavericks Server

Has anyone else had trouble netbooting from 10.9 server??? I recently upgraded(?) all my servers from Xserves running 10.6 to MacMinis running 10.9. I migrated OD, Mail, my JSS, etc. Most everything runs fine but I can't for the life of me get NetIns...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Late 2013 rMBP Recovery HD fork

Just noticed this week that the Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro's Recovery HD is a forked build of 117. My imaging workflow partitions the disk and was using the Recovery HD image from the Early 2013 Retina MacBook Pro, which is build 116. The Late 2013...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Mac equivalent of gpoupdate /force ?

Is there a Mac terminal command similar to gpoupdate /force on Windows? Searching the man pages from dsconfigad doesn't appear to have any commands that are similar and my google searches seem to point to 3rd party products. I was hoping to do this n...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads not showing up after 9.2.2 update

Hello, I'm having an issue after performing the 9.2.2 update. I tried enrolling some iPads that have recently been updated to iOS7 (these iPads were not previously enrolled before the update). They enrolled fine, but didn't show up in the JSS. When I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks NetInstall 13B42

Hi,I have downloaded the installer of Mavericks 10.9.1 Build 13B42 but am having trouble creating a working NetInstall for it. I have tried using SIU, Automator and Composer but the netinstaller always comes up with the stop sign when booting from it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seasons Greetings (and cached packaged)

Merry Yuletide to you all! As part of the season of goodwill, I wrote this script. It's untested but it should go through your Waiting Room folder and install all that it finds before cleaning up. It's based on Nick Amundsen's installPKGfromDMG scrip...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x credentials missing since 9.22

Since we updated to 9.22, every computer we enroll in the JSS gets our 802.1x wireless configuration profile installed but when you attempt to connect to it, it asks for the authentication credentials, which are supposed to come from that profile. So...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking the AD computer account from Casper Imaging

Recently had a question from a tech while I was explaining Casper Imaging: "What happens if I enter a workstation name that already exists in AD?" While I know the answer, is there some way to check if that computer name exists in AD and prompt to co...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Extension manager script

Hi Guys, I'm trying to make a script to install/ update a Photoshop CC extension trough the appropriate command line tool.i made an if statement to test if it is installed but somehow it doesn't work. Who can give me a pointer, i'm going crazy here. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors