Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

MacOS Jamf to Intune enrollment failed

Hello everyone, We have a really frustrating issue and so far nothing worked. We are moving from Intune MDM to Jamf MDM, but we are using Conditional access so the integration between Jamf and Intune must exist. The problem is that if you forget to r...  View more

TraianNiculai_0-1668796411097.png
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

App/MacOS Update Management

Hi There, I'm not super familiar with JAMF capabilities but am wondering if something is possible. Is there currently a method of being able to prevent apps from prompting for updates that would require administrator credentials? Or is there a way of...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple IDs

Hi,I have a question about Apple IDs. I am moving my group to JAMF as we purchase new Macs. I have restricted the Apple ID pane in the PreStage config. When migrating end user data from their old Macs their Apple ID info is automatically coming over ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Featurelockdown Adobe Reader

I'm trying to create a plist for adobe reader to remove the cloud storage options to remove Add File storage. I found some links and an old thread here back from 2020, but thought I would start a new one. I created a plist file using Xcode with some ...  View more

SMR1_0-1668787810817.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Account Best Practice

I am fairly new to Jamf and inherited a system that someone else set up. I am looking for guidance with regards to Local Admin accounts.We have one account that is set up in Global > User-initiated enrollment > macOS. This works fine on enrollment.Ho...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Safari and Ventura

Hello everyone, We use Jamf Pro Cloud 10.42.1 and we have an issue with macOS Ventura. When we prepare a Mac with our prestage enrollment, we have a message : You do not have permission to use the application "SafariSupport". We use exactly the same ...  View more

Restriction-payload-1.jpg Restriction-payload-2.jpg SafariSupport.jpg
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incorrect value in “Date Lost Mode Enabled” column

It seems the value of the "Date Lost Mode Enabled" column in device inventory is incorrect in my Jamf Pro.The value of the device which has never been enabled Lost Mode seems to be the enrollment time instead of lost mode enabled.This problem happens...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using API for software updates.......

How is the below code / script to be used in conjunction with the Jamf API?Also, the url "yourserver".jamfcloud.com - I've tried our server name but no go. We used to be on-prem and now we're jamfcloud, anyone know of to get the name it's looking for...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove CISCO AnyConnect VPN Tunnels

Hello All,Please help me with a solution where we can hide or remove the unwanted tunnels list in the CISCO AnyConnect VPN Window.I would like to remove/hide Web Security, System scan or AMP etc.  View more

Vinyboy_0-1668697991375.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users locked out of their MacBooks

Hi,I now had two of my Users being locked out of their devices a day or so after turning on FileVault via Jamf. Nothing could get me back in. Has anyone had similar problems? Kind regardsAndreas Baumeister  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac battery drain following Ventura update

Hi.Has anyone experienced the battery drain problem after updating to Ventura and found a fix that works for them ?I'm seeing massive battery drain on multiple macs since the Ventura update.I have read lots of forums that offer various solutions.I ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server-side Actions

I have a scenario whereby I need the Jamf Pro server to execute some action, and pass on this information to the client.It should work like this -client is triggered to install 'policy A' --> client asks Jamf Pro server for infromation X (which is ne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't upload Microsoft Office BusinessPro Installer

When I try to upload Microsoft Office BusinessPro installer it gets to 99% and then hangs. I don't seem to have any issue with any other packages, just this one. I tried leaving overnight on one attempt and it was still on 99% in the morning.Microsof...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 9.44.52 am.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mimic DNS search suffix behavior on Windows?

On Windows, you can set general DNS search suffixes (i.e. suba.domain.com, subb.domain.com, etc). Then there is also a "Connection-specific DNS suffix" setting the DNS server can share when the machine connects to the network (i.e. site1.suba.domain....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook for iOS - lock down "Add Mail Account"

We are restricting the ability to add non-corporate email accounts to the native Apple mail client (which is easy to lock down in jamf by locking the Settings) but we would like to offer Outlook for iOS app as an alternative to the native client. So....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert managed to unmanaged app

Hey everyone, We're currently in a situation where we have users mixing their corporate/managed and personal/unmanaged apps on our devices (please don't ask why, it's a long story). Unfortunately, this leads to some of them being unable to back up pe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Notifications via swiftDialog (0.0.1)

Easily create simple macOS Notifications with swiftDialog v2BackgroundFor the last several weeks, the now 550+ users who frequent the MacAdmin’s Slack #swiftDialog channel have been all abuzz about Bart Reardon’s soon-to-be-released version 2 of swif...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.29.24 PM.png
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Separate scoping of Trigger vs Self Service

I have a policy to install a package, which I want to make available to all computers via Self Service, but I only want it to automatically install (e.g. via enrollment trigger) for some computers only.Can this be done somehow, without having 2 diffe...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing WiFi at login on multi-user iPad

I'm working for a school that uses iPads managed by Jamf - mostly in Multi-User mode.The SSID that they connect to uses RADIUS to steer the iPads to the right vLan, and currently we have a "shared iPad Auth" account that we use for this purpose.Our I...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Drop pacakge on desktop without running it

Hey My JAMF People! We've been noticing lots of issues with re-enrolled devices hanging on random VPP apps. So far 95% of the time if we delete a device record and re-enroll the device it fixes the issue. We're about to have a bunch of computers go t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors