Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Script Issue With Setting Finder Prefs

Sort of newbie here to scripting so looking for some help! I want to get the hard drive etc to show up on users desktops as they update to Yosemite or get a new computer with Yosemite. I'll include portion of the script below, I'm sure it's an easy f...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite Screen Sharing using Casper Remote

Trying to use the Casper Remote application to log in as a 'behind the scenes' user to modify small configurations on user computers simultaneously while they are working without having to interrupt. The authentication works normally to log in as Cas...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reoccurring Policy

Hello, I am not sure if this is possible, but I am trying to find a way for something to occur on a regular basis. I know we can have a trigger as monthly, weekly and so forth for policies. I would like to take it a step further. If I package up an a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

clear a specific policy log more frequently

is there a way to clear a specific policy's log w/o actually going into the policy and clicking logs? I know there's log flushing in settings, but i don't necessarily want to flush all of them... And there's so many logs in this one policy it's takin...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles - Scope exclusions not working

Got an odd issues at the moment with Configuration Profiles not being removed from a Mac when the scope has the computer name added in as an exception. We are running 9.62 in production and 9.72 in test and both versions have the same issue. Our Safa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2011 Out of memory issues

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone is getting these out of memory issues? Small window in bottom left corner pops up. Funny thing is it happens on multiple versions of OS, multiple versions of office 10.9/10.10Office 14.3.9 - 14.5.1Running through exch...  View more

9f1fe25781284dd0996ea7ea5d173617
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Application ID?

I am trying to make a smart group which will detect IOS devices with disabled App store restrictions.I had hoped that If I can identify the app store is not installed on the device, it might be a way to identify it. Is there a way of doing this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change attribute in AD via script

We are in the process of piloting a new IM solution for the company, and part of that involves changing an attribute in AD, namely the one that lists the user's SIP address (msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress) I have been able to successfully read this valu...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote management address being changed by DNS

Good Morning all,I have encountered an issue that really has all our team kind of stumped. I am not a server admin, so I apologize for mistakes in advanced.I was trying to remote into a computer we have for purposes of testing a graphics issue. VNC g...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Current information resources for AD binding

Hey folks, I'm working to come up to speed with the details surrounding Active Directory binding, particularly as it is handled in Yosemite. Google returns a LOT of older resources, but (unless I'm mistaken?) since Apple has made several changes to t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages getting cached with %20 in place of spaces

Hey all: JSS: 9.72DP: HTTP As of a week ago, exactly ten of our 400 users are now caching packages with a %20 in place of spaces. Comme ça: Install%20OS%20X%20Yosemite.InstallESD.dmg Discovered it as a "has cached" smart group was off by ten. I tried...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machines becoming unmanaged after 9.72 upgrade

Since upgrading to 9.72, we have a seen a steady trickle of Macs falling into an 'unmanaged' state. The machines still check in, and have the updated binary, but they show as unmanaged. They seem to fall into two groups: Showing unmanaged in JSS, whe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving to a new email domain Apple Mail

I need to remove all of our users old users smtp settings in apple mail. Don't want to do a full factory clean due to they might have mail they want to keep. All that I'm looking for is for them not to be able to use the old smtp domain in apple mail...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prompt Every Day at 4:00PM

We have a requirement to have a message appear on folks computers every day at 4:00PM to remind them to complete their timesheet. We have a script that displays the message but there doesn't appear to be an easy way to make it appear at 4:00PM each d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

dseditgroup and local user non admin

Okay I am trying to allow a local user who is a standard user to add printers and make network changes. To allow them to add printers from the system preferences pane in Yosemite.I can run the following command /usr/sbin/dseditgroup -o edit -n /Local...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with 802.1X wireless profile

I have minimal knowledge with this topic and I would like some help on this. Currently, our Macs are on AD bind but manually configuring wireless. I would like to get to the point for Macs to use AD login credentials for Wireless login. How and What ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

CJA and CCE classes in chicago!

Hey Everyone I created a feature request to show JAMF there is interest in having these classes run in Chicago here is the link please vote up!! CJA and CCE in Chicago  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

need some help removing user and location data in bulk

we replaced our fleet of teacher laptops with new ones. the old teacher laptop will be going into carts for use in the classroom. we had pulled al the user/building/department info from AD, but now that they will be going into carts for student use a...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detect Casper Restore Partition with Smart Group

I was wondering if anybody knew the answer to this question. We have machines that are encrypted with Check Point Full Disk Encryption (Encrypting the Macintosh HD volume) and the Casper Restore partition in place. Is there anyway to build a Smart Gr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Garageband 10.0.3 Deployment Issue

I have a pkg file for garageband 10.0.3 using Rich's method, works perfectly if I run the pkg right on my laptop. However, that same file that is uploaded to the JSS will not work properly. I try via Casper remote and Casper imaging, log files say it...  View more

• 54 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't get the image to deploy

Hi guys, my problem in short is that when i try do deploy an image through the netboot it works fine up untill the moment it sais " mounting distribution point" , usually it goe on to delete HDD,install image,deploy some scripts. Now it just mounts a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors